When was the last time you were embarrassed? How do you react to embarrassment?
Photographers, artists, poets: show us RED.
I have never seen a horse with a red face, although sometimes they should be a little more discrete with what they show and when. It is not everyone that is armed with a camera and shoots at the right wrong moment.
Now to embarrassment and its problems: I had to tax my brain quite strongly to find the time when I was embarrassed. I did ask someone, who found that I would probably ignore the fact that I was embarrassed if I was. Oh, I am so perfect. I tried hard and discovered that there was a small incident last year sometime in November. I had to see my doc for a check-up. I organised my Friday afternoon, postponing my blog writing and my Tai Chi practice until the evening. It was all very inconvenient, but when the doc calls you must obey, he is not waiting for you alone.
I entered the doc’s office and approached the desk.
“Yes” said one of his white ladies (they always seem to wear white).
“I have an appointment with Doctor…….”
She looked into her computer and began to move the mouse and her fingers. She then called another whitely clad person and they were both searching. I felt very important having two of these medical ladies paying attention to my appointment.
“Are you sure it was for today” said white lady No. 1. “We cannot find your name here.”
Was I embarrassed? Not really, I was convinced my name should have been there. Perhaps I should have checked the appointment card before going to the docs.
“I have found it” said white lady No. 2.
I was reassured. Lady No. 1 must have been new in the job.
Lady No. 2 continued “your appointment is for next week at the same time.”
“Oh” was my answer, still not being embarrassed. I was sure that perhaps white lady No. X had filled out my card with the wrong date.
“I will see if the doc will see you” and both white ladies disappeared. In the meanwhile I took a seat between sneezing customers. After a while one of the white ladies appeared and said the doc would see me as an exception. No, it was not to apologise for giving me the wrong time, but he made time for me. I am still not sure if I was embarrassed, being an exception was not what I expected.
I was a little red in the face yesterday, but not because I was embarrassed. I was a little annoyed. How could he do it? Just because he is a millionaire and is successful in his job, he does not have to choose 4th February as his tenth anniversary. I am talking about Mark Zuckerberg of course and his Facebook. Before grounding an organisation you check to ensure that the founding day does not coincide with another important day. Mr. Mark Zuckerberg decided to ignore me on this day and my wedding anniversary. He snatched the limelight from my day, although I am 35 years ahead. Yes, Mr. and Mrs. Swiss were married 45 years yesterday. Mark Zuckerberg did not even send me a card or some flowers.
All he did was to organise some sort of Facebook gag called “Facebookfilm” where all your photos are incorporated into one big video. Of course I ignored this attempt to appease my feelings. He will not get away with it that easy. I foiled him as I stopped posting photos on Facebook about a year ago and cancelled most of them. I am sure he now has a guilty conscience when he noticed that my Facebookfilm has not been used, even if the other five million decided to follow this stupid idea.
- The Cell Phone at Crystal Lake (short fiction) | The Jittery Goat
- Red Christmas | muffinscout
- Ignored | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- Song of the fallen | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- An Angel’s envy | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- DP Daily Prompt: Isn’t Your Face Red | Sabethville
- Daily Prompt: Isn’t Your Face Red | Incidents of a Dysfunctional Spraffer
- London Skyline | Travel with Intent
- Meeting the requirements. | Greg Urbano
- Good-Bye Mr. Olsen | Under the Monkey Tree
- Red | The Land Slide Photography
- Daily Prompt: Isn’t your face red | My Dog Ate a Lightbulb
- Daily Prompt – RED – |
- Dog gets fearful around dog run, human embarrassed | We Live In A Flat
- In Cuba: The Lady in Accented Red Reads My Fortune « psychologistmimi
- Snefarting on a quiet tube. | thoughtsofrkh
- Daily Prompt: Isn’t Your Face Red | tnkerr-Writing Prompts and Practice
- 261. Now That Was Embarrassing! | Barely Right of Center
- Embarrassment/ Daily Prompt | I’m a Writer, Yes I Am
- Red « Out and About With Mike and Lindy
- DAILY PROMPT: ISN’T YOUR FACE RED | Francine In Retirement
- Daily Prompt: Isn’t Your Face Red | Awl and Scribe
- Please Tell Me That I Did Not Just Do That! | marjanitalarosa
- Embarrassingly plagiarised. | The Number FiftyTwo
- Wii! | The Zombies Ate My Brains
- Oops…Red-Faced In A Crowded Elevator! | The Political and Social Chaos Blog
- Daily Prompt: Red | Tommia’s Tablet
- Resurrection | vic briggs
- Flappy Birds made me…Red! | Navigate
- Superembarrasing! | Edward Hotspur
- Embarrassing Moments? Yes, I Have Known a Few! | meanderedwanderings
- Isn’t Your Face Red? | Lisa’s Kansa Muse
- Embarrassed! | A mom’s blog
- The Offensive Dal | Flowers and Breezes
- Nephew Challenges my beard | Outreach
- Redheads… | Haiku By Ku
- Red | Exploratorius
- Burning Red | Active Army Wife
- “You’re an embarrassment” | jigokucho
- REDS | Serendipity
- A Dummy’s Guide to: Embarrassing Yourself In Front of the Masses | Lemonaded Lemons
- Shy Girl | Sarah’s Typos
- Am Embarrassment of Status Updates
- “Isn’t Your Face Red” | Relax
- Daily Prompt: Isn’t Your Face Red | Duniya Ku
- “Red and the Red Ribbon” | Institute for Hispanic Health Equity
- Demons | Blue Loft
- DP: Red – Waiting for Summer | Words ‘n Pics…
- S. Thomas Summers: Writing with Some Ink and a Hammer | The Day’s Heart
- Daily Prompt: Lets (Red) Face It | Views Splash!
- The Tale Of A Haunted Hotel Room | Secret Autograph
- The train | Life is great
- Embarrassing moments between us | Raspberry’s Daydreams
- Red | As I See It
- Flying tampons! | Everyday Adventures
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Objects in Red For The New Year | Light Words
- Laugh It Off | Wanderlein
- Daily Prompt: Red – or Why Did They Hire Me? | Cancer Isn’t Pink
- Daily Prompt: Red | Traci’s Space
- Daily Prompt: Red | Lostinthot
- Daily Prompt: Being Embarrassed! | All Things Cute and Beautiful
- Isn’t Your Face Red | The Nameless One
- Seeing Red in RAW | Photography Journal Blog
- Photo Story: Fairy Falls | nightmare of daytime
- Daily Post: Red | Different Isn’t Wrong, It’s Just Different
- Daily Prompt: Isn’t Your Face Red | Basically Beyond Basic
- Hits and Misses – Blogging Nightmares | My Little Avalon
- Red | Happily Skipping Thru Life
- Daily Prompt: Red | The Wandering Poet
- Blunder Should be my Middle Name | Rima Hassan
- Embarrassed? Not in China. | Mishe en Place
- Daily Prompt: Isn’t Your Face Red | Occasional Stuff
- Isn’t Your Face Red: Red Cow Ruin | Khana’s Web
- Daily Prompt: Isn’t Your Face Red | Po’ Girl Shines
- Red for Danger | alienorajt
- Red | Rebecca Barray – Writer/Photographer
- Daily Prompt: Red |Outside the Vein | Karen Gadient
- The Dr. Pepper Shirt! « One Crazy Mom
- How to stop shame from turning your cheeks red | Emotional Fitness
- 50 Shades of Mortification | Kosher Adobo
- Daily Prompt: Red | Foto Challenge
- Photo Challenge: Red at the office | Ryan Erickson
- One Starving Activist
- Red Sunflower | Purple Rosemary
- Almost a family party | Le Drake Noir
- The buffaloes are at the gate | Mindful Digressions
- Pendulum Clock | field of thorns
- MARILYN MONROE, DRAG QUEENS, THE POLICE, AND ME | hastywords
- Red | Ana Linden
- My Face Isn’t Red, But My Fridge is GROSS | Shades of Teal
- Speaking of public freaking… | FUNNY…PECULIAR
- Daily Prompt: Red | That Montreal Girl
- Embarrassment is spelled: M-E-G. | meg lago
- The Emotions of RED | The Christian Gazette
- Daily Prompt: Isn’t Your Face Red | Scarlet Azaleas
- Shame is good, sometimes | Parents Are People Too
- The One Time I Hate Red | Call Me Incorrigible
- Not Again! | HAPnHAP
- Daily prompt: The joys of anonymity | helen meikle’s scribblefest
- Daily Prompt: When you think of RED… What comes to mind FIRST? | Daily Prompt & Blogging Progress
- WINTER BERRIES | MY WALL
- Isn’t Your Face Red? | The Adventures of Jonathan Dumlao
- Harry Potter Quiz & Embarrassment – How I Met My Good Friend? | I am S(t)ri…