Ever been dumped by a boyfriend or girlfriend? Was it a total surprise, or something you saw coming? Tell us your best worst breakup story. Never been the dumpee, always the dumper? Relate the story of a friend who got unceremoniously kicked to the curb. Change the names to protect the innocent if you must.
Photographers, artists, poets: show us RELEASE.
Only the names have been changed to protect the innocent, although I do not even remember the names and I am always innocent.
I had a stormy time in one of my relationships when my boyfriend was struck by lightning, or did I tell him to stand under the tree?
Enough said. It seems that the powers that be in the WordPress central are being very inquisitive. I am now approaching the platinum oldie age, the golden days are slowly slipping into the background, and I really cannot remember who, where and why and I am sure they cannot remember me either.
Of course I could tell them about my worst breakup story. The one where I discovered my boyfriend was going out with my best friend. I was found not guilty of attempted murder.. I did not really mean to hurt them, just two warning shots and the judge was convinced it was an accident. I did them both a favour, as they did not marry. I think she married a circus clown and he entered a monastery.
One of my ex-boyfriends was a millionaire. He was quite wealthy and he really seemed to like me, but he had had the irritating habit of eating garlic. I like garlic myself, but I know when to eat it and when not and definitely not when I was going out on a date. Unfortunately he could not swim. How was I to know that? Just after he had bought the engagement ring, genuine diamonds, he drowned, so I was on my own again. I managed to sell the ring for a few thousand and the coronary’s office reached the verdict of accidental death. There were no witnesses at the lake. I made sure we were on our own and I had a good lawyer.
As far as my real love life is concerned, I am happily married (since 46 years) and if Mr. Swiss blogged he would confirm this fact, but he does not blog (thank goodness).
This is a short episode today. I have just spent an hour in the garden with Mr. Swiss removing the memories of winter. When you become a golden oldie, your back tells you to stop and I have a pizza to make for the evening meal.
I am now looking forward to reading your stories of unrequited love and how you dealt with the situation. Perhaps you tried to push him under a train, from a bridge into a deep river, or put some arsenic in his soup – there are many ways. It might just have been a little argument and a bullet in the gun was accidentally fired. Anyhow I hope it is a real juicy breakup story, sort of “50 shades of how to dispose of your boyfriend and get away with it”.
- The Letter That Killed Me | Daily Prompt: Never | likereadingontrains
- Daily Prompt: Tainted Love-Psychology behind breaking up | Journeyman
- Daily Prompt: Tainted Love | The Road Less Travelled By
- A Meal With Millie (short fiction) and The Daily Prompt | The Jittery Goat
- Daily Prompt: Tainted Love | alienorajt
- Keeping The Music That Counts – Release | My Days In A Song
- Tainted love | dandelionsinwind
- It Ain’t Pretty | Views Splash!
- Daily Prompt: Tainted Love | tnkerr-Writing Prompts and Practice
- One Crazy Mom » Tainted Love
- DP Daily Prompt: Tainted Love | Sabethville
- Stood up at an airport | sixty, single and surviving
- DP: Tainted | Scorched Ice
- Tearful kisses – Daily Prompt: Tainted Love | Chojin Bain – Wondering thoughts of a Dreamer
- Tainted Love | Maria For Real
- Silent fear.. | Tale of Two Tomatoes
- Tainted Love: The Breakups | Living Dead Girl
- Dating in a Small City: Falling For the First Time — Again! | Kosher Adobo
- #85 – Daily Prompt | shatteringlove
- Secrets and lies | A picture is worth 1000 words
- Love is in the Air? | Anecdotes | WANGSGARD.COM
- Why I Blog | The Zombies Ate My Brains
- A six letter nightmare. | Aicela Aitacil
- It’s Over. It’s NOT me. It’s you | I’m a Writer, Yes I Am
- this is how I release (you) | 365 days of defiance
- The 3 A’s of BROKENNESS: ABUSE, ABANDONMENT, AND ADULTERY | The Christian Gazette
- Incarceration | La Gatita Oscura
- The Worst Breakup Story
- I dreamed you up from flames | Color me in Cyanide and Cherry
- Daily Prompt: Tainted Love | Basically Beyond Basic
- RELEASE | Lisa’s Kansa Muse
- Don’t let them see | anonim0us
- How I Got Dumped On Valentines Day! | The Political and Social Chaos Blog
- MY LOVE WAS NEVER TAINTED | SERENDIPITY
- ThINkINg ………………..
- Tainted Love | the bippity boppity beautiful blog
- Dreams within Dreams: Daily Prompt | Finicky Philly
- Daily Prompt: Tainted Love | Lady K’s Lounge
- Trapped by Anxiety | Broken Light: A Photography Collective
- ASKED OR BEEN ASKED. | mnemosynesandlethe
- I’m Breaking Up With You Because… | Glorious Results Of A Misspent Youth
- Dear Friend – You’re Dumped | The Wittering Wallflower
- A Different Story | Flowers and Breezes
- Humour me dear dumpee | soulfoood
- Cináed IV | The Eclectic Poet
- Daily Prompt: Tainted Love « Mama Bear Musings
- Daily Prompt: Being Alone! | All Things Cute and Beautiful
- Yes, Kevin Spacey IS in your house of cards – somewhere. | Rob’s Surf Report
- Solitary | THE MARRIED MAN WHO LOVES HIS X
- Daily Prompt: Tainted Love | To Breathe is to Write
- Daily Prompt Tainted Love | My Travels with Depression
- Styrofoam Cups | loveletterstoaghost
- The Rejection Collection | Don’t Jerk Off To This!
- Tainted love | How to be good at everything
- Prompt: 2 Bad Relationships I’m Finally Telling People About | melissuhhsmiles
- In which I do a terrible thing to a nice person | Infinitefreetime
- You Hung Up on Me | Lewis Cave
- 268. …And I Never Skipped a Beat | Barely Right of Center
- Daily Prompt – Tainted love – Field of clouds |
- “Hell is empty and all the devils are here” | by LRose
- She Couldn’t Handle My Illness so I was Kicked to the Curb | Schizo Incognito
- Daily Prompt: Tainted Love | Pride in Madness
- Tainted Love and Then Swept Away by a New Love | Not The Sword But The Pen
- Tainted Love: Daily Post | Destino
- Not working out… | U Be Cute – Follow the child inside of you…
- Daily Prompt: Tainted Love | Too dumb to be dumped, twice | Sayantan Jana dot com
- Daily Prompt: tainted love | Kawanee’s Korner
- Daily Prompt Tainted Love (FICTIONAL) | Kawanee’s Korner
- Purple Petals | Daily Prompt: Tainted Love | Focal Breeze
- Daily Prompt: Tainted Love | A Day In The Life
- Our Blogs (2-23-14) | My Blog imanagementbywordpress
- Daily Prompt: Tainted Love « Thinking Diagonally
- What’s love got to do with it? | Willow’s Corner
- belated | fragments of life
- Refused | Leonas Lines–Poetry Plus
- Daily Prompt: Release this Tainted Love | Born on a Wednesday
- Daily Prompt: Tainted Love/Release | @ The West Gate
- Daily Prompt: Tainted Love | Here I am !!
- Do you know what “plutonic” means? | Beez Giftz
- Uncovered Covers: Tainted Love | Laith’s Ramblings
- Green Suede ~ truths in literary fiction | VALENTINE BONNAIRE
- Daily Prompt: Friend in Need | Morrighan’s Muse
- Daily Prompt: Tainted Love | Christina Designs Art
- Heartbreak? Don’t think so! | Dapper Chapstick
- The Wounds of Adultery | The Abuse Expose’ with Secret Angel
- Radiation, Seriously? | Wanderlein
- Kinda Sorta Not Really | The Bohemian Rock Star’s “Untitled Project”
- Daily Prompt: Tainted Love | The Polka Dot Penguin