If you could fast forward to a specific date in the future, when would it be?
Photographers, artists, poets: show us FORWARD.
Note I have my hand in the air in defiance. You will not get rid of me so easy it seems to say. The photo was taken in the neglected Wood Grange cemetery, East of London, where my family remainders were once buried in their own grave. My grandfather was at the top of the pile, his coffin resting on the remainders of six other family members. I said once buried, as with time, the remains of the day cemetary had been cleared away to make room for the new Muslim cemetery which has now replaced the old part of the cemetery: a sign perhaps that in the happy hunting grounds, no matter who we were, we are all in the same place eventually.
So, let’s be honest WordPress, do you really think that a 67 year old golden oldie wants to fast forward anywhere? I enjoy taking things one at a time, although to be frank, it would be OK to fast forward to say around 7.00 this evening. Then I have written my daily prompt, done some photo work on my computer, perhaps my daily Tai Chi exercise and cooked the evening meal. I can then sit on my stressless chair with my iPaddy book in my hand and read whilst the TV runs in the background. The day’s work would be done and I could take it easy until the next job, but is this the fulfilment of my dreams for today?
Take things one step at a time, you do not know how long you still have. I drive a car, which is a risk in itself. No-one ever thought that I would be let loose on the road with a driving licence. Even my driving instructor made the sign of the cross in the air when he saw that I had been passed and was licenced to kill drive. Who knows what could happen on the road. Everyone is at risk, the driver and the pedestrians. Just a short walk in the apartment might lead to tripping over a feline that would suddenly decide to see if Mrs. Human still has problems with keeping her balance when walking.
I would perhaps like to fast forward to Spring when my preparational work in the garden is finished: the hedges trimmed, the earth cleared of the Autumn and Winter remains and everything ready to become a perfect English garden in Summer. As no-one volunteers for this work I will do it myself as usual. On the other hand I am now looking forward to the back ache and tired legs showing that the work has been completed.
There is another problem with this theme. If I have to pinpoint a specific date in the future, it might be the wrong date. We now have the year 2014, so I would say let’s go to the year 2044 and then I would be 97 years old. What are my perspectives? Will I be seated in a wheel chair being pushed around by someone old enough to be my great grandchild, will someone be spooning soup to my mouth at lunchtime, or will I be watching the daises grow from the wrong side?I somehow do not think I will be writing a blog about fast backing to a specific date in the past, due to my hands no longer being so flink on the keyboard.
I sometimes use Wikipedia to help me with my prize suspecting blogs when I have to check on the facts. I have now discovered that there is a site DEAD OR ALIVE. The introduction says “Ever wanted to know if a famous person was dead or alive? This website will help you find out”. You now know what action to take if my blogs go missing for a few days. Just check in and if my name is on the web site list, you know I will be watching you from another level in cyberspace. If you feel a draught of cold air skimming over your fingers as you are writing, I might be guiding you through you daily prompt with my ideas from beyond.
Are you now looking over your shoulder? Don’t worry, I am still here annoying everyone at home with my loud voice and brilliant ideas, generally making life uncertain. I really think the statue on the photo would be ideal.
- Enjoying your moment « From One Crazy Life To Another
- Just before the Suddenlies | A Teacher’s Blog
- Prayer of a young soul | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- DP Daily Prompt: Fast Forward | Sabethville
- A Reason For No Daily Prompt Today | The Jittery Goat
- Living In The Moment – Creating A Future | Shrine of Hecate – Ramblings of a New Age Witch
- Escapism | dandelionsinwind
- This Moment | My Little Avalon
- Daily Prompt: Fast Forward | Incidents of a Dysfunctional Spraffer
- Fast Forward to the Future: A Haiku; Saturday, January 11, 2014 | LisaRosier.com
- Jumping forward in time | Post Departum Depression
- A future without chronic illness | Daily Prompt: Fast Forward | Ireland, Multiple Sclerosis & Me
- The Recovery Time Machine | THE OVERCOMING
- The Future | Kate Murray
- daily prompt: fast forward | aimanss…
- S. Thomas Summers | Godzilla is My Writing Coach
- Where To? | Flowers and Breezes
- Daily Prompt: Fast Forward « Mama Bear Musings
- Fast Forward | Momma Said There’d Be Days Like This
- Daily Prompt: Fast Forward | tnkerr-Writing Prompts and Practice
- Past the Hurdles « Mon Cache
- Fast Forward to Waking up From Surgery | My Play Nook
- Hope to Reality | meanderedwanderings
- A World of Humanity | all my likes
- “Butterflies are Free” | Hope* the happy hugger
- Daily Prompt : Forward | Chronicles of a Public Transit User
- Daily Prompt: Fast Forward | Finding Life
- Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow… | LenzExperiments
- Fast Forward | A mom’s blog
- Running deer (Forward) | photo potpourri
- Fast Forward to February | Heart And A Half
- Daily Prompt: Fast Forward | Under the Monkey Tree
- Fast Forward Amish Race | Lisa’s Kansa Muse ~ Dreamy abstraction in a 100 year old Four Square Farm House
- Daily Prompt: Fast Forward | Petite Powerhouse
- Daily Prompt: Fast Forward | “The Ish,” presented by the Bohemian Rock Star
- FORWARD….March!! | Active Army Wife
- Daily Prompt: Fast Forward | Heron There & Everywhere
- Fast Forward | Raspberry’s Daydreams
- It’s My re-Birthday! | Haiku By Ku
- Daily Prompt Challenge ~ Forward | soletusknow
- Life Love Lily
- DP: >> | Scorched Ice
- Twenty-seven year bore | shame
- Tomorrow | Life is great
- Fast Forward | johnny ojanpera
- To rewind or fast forward… | From diapers and tutus to meetings and boardrooms
- Fate | Daily Prompt | Word Disorder
- Evidence | The Land Slide Photography
- Daily Prompt: Fast Forward | A Clueless Monkey’s Thoughts
- Fast Forward | The Nameless One
- “Pee here now.”/Daily Prompt | I’m a Writer, Yes I Am
- No words. | Dreams to Reality !
- Daily Prompts: Forward | A Life That is Full and Felt | Gradual Thought
- My future in Friday Night Lights | The Flavored Word
- The needs of the small people | TJ Barker
- 2015 « ayimas
- Daily Prompt: Fast Forward | I really just pretend to know stuff
- Daily Prompt: Fast Forward | A Room of One’s Own
- I Am Enough | sunshine in winter
- A Distorted Mind. | W.T.F.
- Why I Can’t Enjoy Sundays | Because Dragons Don’t Phase Me
- Daily Prompt: Fast Forward | Occasional Stuff
- Prompted Ponderings – ‘Fast Forward, Daily Prompt’ | Hemsleberrious
- B.O.G.O. Part 2~ The Frozen North | The Fiction of Michael R. Wilson
- Forward in time? | Willow’s Corner
- Keep Moving Forward | The Christian Gazette
- Always… | Words ‘n Pics…
- Heroism and Moving Forward.. | Life Objectified.
- Apocalypse | vic briggs
- Daily Prompt: Pictures Showing Fast Forward! | Daily Prompt & Blogging Progress
- Fast Forward | The untold, the unsaid…
- Good Prompt Today! Daily Prompt: Fast Forward | King Pollux the Writer
- Is Cruelty To Animals Increasing? Fast Forward To Utopia | lynnesartandsoul
- Back to the Future? | The Silver Leaf Journal
- Activate warp speed | 2 times pink
- DAILY PROMPT: FAST FORWARD | DANDELION’S DEN
- To the Future! | The Cutter Rambles
- Forward Thinking | Leonas Lines–Poetry Plus
- Daily Prompt: Fast Forward | Nola Roots, Texas Heart
- A place of our own | Life Of A Cosmetologist!
- Fast forward | Life as a country bumpkin…not a city girl
- Daily Prompt: Fast Forward | Basically Beyond Basic
- Daily Prompt: Forward | Lines of Orenda
- Living in A Moment | Wiley’s Wisdom
- Blue Chip | lifewithgreeneyes