Do you have a mentor? Tell us about him or her. Are you a mentor to someone else? Tell us what that relationship has added to your life.
Photographers, artists, poets: show us SUPPORT.
The honeysuckle in my garden needed support otherwise it would have lead a wandering life over the ground and its flowers would probably have been covered in mud and dirt.
I had a look at the daily prompt to see which victims had already contributed, and at 14.45 my time (2.45 pm) there were no links up on the computer, so this does not seem to be a great inspiration for a daily blog. It was not my inspiration either. I decided to go on a google tour to see what this mentor stuff was really about (pingback to yesterday’s promt) and I found the wise explanation in Wikipedia
“someone who imparts wisdom to and shares knowledge with a less experienced colleague”
which brought me to the conclusion that I do not have a mentor. When you have grey hair and aches and pains and bones do not twist and turn as quickly as they used to, then you do not seek wisdom or knowledge, but mostly cures and tablets.
Of course, you are never too old to learn and at the moment Mr. Swiss is giving me daily instructions on how to record programmes from the television. I am not really a television person, prefer a good book or my iPad, but I would be sorry if I missed one of the daily half hours of my favourite and only soap – East Enders. This programme often clashes with a political discussion or documentary, as well as perhaps a German detective series meaning that Mr. Swiss would miss out on his wishes for viewing. For this reason, and as a token of his consideration to my likes and tastes (ok he has also become a faithful follower of the doings in Walford, East London over the years) he records the live programme so that I we can watch it at a more appropriate time.
I am learning and learning fast, and after two weeks intensive training with the remote, I am almost there: almost because I am now able to record the programme. Tuning into the correct channel (we have more than 200), organising the beginning and end time and pressing the OK button is no problem. I can even check to make sure everything is ready to go. I still need some training with starting the play back, but I am making progress. You are really never too old to learn. I do get somewhat confused when I check to find there are many other recordings on the list which had been programmed by my mentor Mr. Swiss, so I hope I make the correct choice when performing a playback.
Of course I can also play mentor when Mr. Swiss decides to iron his shirts or other articles. However, to be quite honest, those days are long gone and due to having a perfect teacher (me) he has everything under control. Oh what wonderful sounds I sometimes hear early in the morning from the ironing board being set up and the steam escaping from the iron.
As this is such an inspirational daily prompt, I am now coming to a close.
My chief cat is approaching.
“I could teach you how to catch a mouse. You just have to wait at the entrance to their home, perhaps place a paw in the hole and be ready to pounce.”
“Errr – no I do not think so Nera. Very nice of you to offer, but mouse is not my favourite dish.”
“Try it with a pinch of tarragon and garnished with catmint, it is a delicacy.”
I just love my felines, they always have such good ideas.
I thought I was finished, but had a re-check to see if there were any other brave efforts on the prompt list and there were. The list is now nine entries, three of which are our Russian friends spammers inviting us all to spend a holiday in their wonderful country with all its advantages. It is such a shame that their daily prompt efforts have nothing, and really nothing to do what we all spend our time on constructing and thinking about. Shall I include a few words about how wonderful Swiss cheese is, or that we have the most beautiful cows in the world? No, I do not think so, that would just not fit
- Support | The Magic Black Book
- Daily Prompt: Cheering Section | Under the Monkey Tree
- A fisherman’s son | Phelio a Random Post a Day
- Living Without the Crack | JC Bride ~
- Support | Kate Murray
- cheering section | yi-ching lin photography
- Daily Prompt: Cheering Section | Awl and Scribe
- our mother stored | y
- True the grit | Beth Byrnes
- The Road to Regionals | It’s a wonderful F’N life
- NaNoWriMo! | Haiku By Ku
- My Cheerleader is a Basket Case | mostlytrueramblings
- 213. The Mentor | Barely Right of Center
- My.Vivid.Visions | Daily Prompt: Cheering Section – Vinay Sir
- Daily Prompt: Cheering Section ~ NaBloPoMo ~ #6 « Mama Bear Musings
- THREE SOLUTIONS | crookedeyebrows
- It’s Never too Late for a Cheering Section … | Eyes to Heart
- André from Holland | Talking with Benjamin Franklin, Theodore Roosevelt and Jesus Christ
- Let me tell you about Kate | The River Mom
- Battered and Down With Life as a Youth | Kansa Muse
- Mentors? | Fruit Salad
- I miss him | Life is great
- GREAT ARTIST = BAD MENTOR? | Standing Ovation, Seated
- Daily Prompt: Cheering Section | Basically Beyond Basic
- Cheering Section | The Nameless One
- This Way | Mara Eastern’s Personal Blog
- Daily Prompt: Cheering Section | lifebeinggirly
- Pursuing My Dreams | amanda hardt
- That Time I Met That Chef | Running Into 30Running Into 30
- My Mentor | seifsalamakarem
- Always Another Bridge to Cross….(wp daily prompt) | Daily Observations
- Branches of a tree | A mom’s blog
- Who Is My Guru? | Flowers and Breezes
- A Book.My mentor. | Eye of Lynx
- “Cheering Section” | Relax
- You Better Watch Out … | It’s a wonderful F’N life
- Two Words | Love in the Spaces
- Grandfather | Historiefortelling
- Backseat Teacher | A String of Pearls
- Who’s Your Biggest Fan? | clearly conveyed communications
- Daily Prompt: Cheering Section | 8 | Family, Photos, Food & Craft
- cheering section | ferwam
- A mentor in everybody! | A chain of thoughts…
- Eye of Innocence | Broken Light: A Photography Collective
- Daily Prompt: Support | Chronicles of a Public Transit User
- Counting my blessings | The Novice Gardener
- Daily Prompt: Cheering Section « The Blogging Path
- Daily Prompt Challenge – “Support” | soletusknow
- Daily Prompt:Cheering Section | Motherhood and Beyond
- Remembering Rusty | Wiley’s Wisdom
- Will work | tjbarkerseattle
- Daily Prompt: Cheering Section | Morrighan’s Muse
- Support. | Forlorn Hope: A Diary Of A Broken Heart
- Support | View From The Third Eye
- Daily Prompt: Cheering Section | IMHO
- Supportive | See Diving
- Daily Prompt: Cheering Section | phoenixtatgirl
- Daily Prompt: Cheering Section | adorablyobnoxious
- Daily Prompt: Cheering Section | Nola Roots, Texas Heart