A classic question, revisited: what are the five items you must have on a deserted island?
Photographers, artists, poets: show us NECESSITIES.
“Nera I see more than five items for your deserted island”
“I might be a feline, but I am not stupid, I will need it all and even more.”
“But I don’t see what the bird food is doing at the back on the left.”
“One of life’s necessities Mrs. Human. There will be lots of nice big fat birds flying up in the air, but they will not land in feline proximity without a little coaxing. Just part of our essential equipment.
“And the bowls of food?”
“Don’t trust that stuff you might find growing on an island. We felines are not vegetarian or vegan, we believe in the necessities of life. Just a bag of vitamin pellets and furball pellets will do. Of course you can catch a few fish now and again to care for a diversification in our diet. When are we going?”
“That depends on how WordPress are organising it, but it will probably be just after Christmas. They have done this one before, so they have the routine.”
Now my chief feline Nera is organised and her assistant Tabby and apprentice Fluffy will probably agree to the choices.
“No problem Mrs. Human, Nera has made wise choices, let’s go”.
Looks like everything is settled. Are you listening WordPress and I also have a few requirements.
The main requirement is a yacht, not one with sails, but one like the Queen of England has, with a crew, motor and all modern conveniences. I do not intend spending the rest of my life on this island. I have a life on the mainland, and not being a hermit, want to be surrounded by humans most of the time. Just I, me and myself and three felines would become boring.
The second necessity would be a fully equipped house, better villa, with electricity, functioning bathroom, shower and toilet. I am too old for digging holes and squatting for my private business. There were times in my younger years when I would be on a nature hike with the family and it was all part of the fun. The men would disappear behind various trees to mark their territory and we women (actually it was just me as mother of the tribe) would have to make do. Those days are gone, when I squat. I have difficulties standing up. My joints no longer work as they used to.
Constant connection to World Wide Web and all the trimmings, meaning WiFi and a modern laptop, no two, to be able to mail my prize winning blogs about “50 Shades of Survival on a desert Island with WordPress” with my smartphone/iPad/Kindle included. My felines just said they would need to take their pawpads with them to order any necessities online. If the nights cool down on the island they might need a nice warm feline bed or blanket.
A constant supply of fresh water is necessary. It is not my thing to kneel down, cup my hands and drink from a puddle, if there would be a puddle there. In this connection a desalination plant would be a good idea to remove the salt from the sea water.
I think this is about four items, decorated a little to make life worthwhile. The fifth would be Mr. Swiss of course. Life without him would not be the same. He can compose his own list of five necessities, but I am sure one of them would be his drum set. There he could really practice to his heart’s content without bothering anyone with the noise.
Ok WordPress, are you reading me clear. As you can see the more you bring this prompt, the more practice I get in coping with it. If you think I am missing the customary books and music, I will have that all on my computer/iPad/Kindle – no problem.
- Daily Prompt: Five Items | Under the Monkey Tree
- Daily Prompt: Five Items | soulfoodwords
- Alone in a Deserted Island. | paperdollsletter
- Daily Prompt: Five Items | Basically Beyond Basic
- Five Items | Geek Ergo Sum
- 5 Items | Jab and Cross followed by Cross and Stitch
- Five Items | Insanitree
- Momma Said There’d Be Days Like This
- Undeniable | Active Army Wife
- Daily Prompt: Five Items | Joanne Lynn
- What Five Things Would You Not Want? (This Prompt Is Stupid) | The Jittery Goat
- The simple bare necessities of life | RPMAS
- Necessities | The Magic Black Book
- Daily Prompt: Five Items « cognitive reflection
- 5 Elements of Baking | A Crazy Chef
- Daily Prompt: My Five Must Have’s | Musings&Rants
- Desert Island Day Dreaming | Eyes to Heart
- CAstaway – True Story | crookedeyebrows
- My Desert Island Necessities | Evelinasec’s Blog
- Across the Blank Gap
- Daily Prompt: Five Items | Musical Foodie Love
- My.Vivid.Visions | Daily Prompt: Five Items – Really?
- Daily Prompt: Queen of the Island | One Starving Activist
- Daily Prompt : Five Items.. A HELP SIGN ? | LoudThoughtsVoicedOut
- Daily prompt: Five things | ferwam
- Daily Prompt: Five Items | Finding Life
- Deserted Island? Yes please! | Not a Punk Rocker
- The Lurker’s List | Necessities On A Deserted Island
- NEEDS VERSUS WANTS? | Emotional Fitness
- DP Challenge: Five Must Have Items (Smoke Monster Ball Puncher is a Must!) « Morning Pages
- Five Items | Flowers and Breezes
- Daily Prompt: Five Items | Memory Bank of the Nocturnal
- The Bear Necessities… | Haiku By Ku
- Daily Prompt: Five Items » My Life, My Way, My Words
- Daily Prompt: Five Items | Wordz on a Page
- Castaway |
- Passport to Life | Upstairs Productions
- Daily Prompt: Five Items | Awl and Scribe
- Five Items | Finale to an Entrance
- Natural Selection | bronte’s world
- DAILY PROMPT: PACKING FOR THE ISLAND – A PERFECT WORLD | SERENDIPITY
- The Courage to Start | The Land Slide Photography
- Take A Trip With Me! Please? | Mountains or Molehills
- Bring me home | Life is great
- Take five. | Hope* the happy hugger
- Lost at Sea | The Joyful Soul
- Bare Necessities | A Room of One’s Own
- Daily Prompt: Five Items | Crow Arrow, Inc.
- Deserted Island! Five Items…?! | It’s my blog, innit…
- Sand, Serenity and Sadness (The Daily Prompt – Five Items) | Simply Silent
- Necessities | Rebecca Barray
- How To Avoid The Media In Five Easy Steps | Just Visiting This Planet
- Daily Prompt: 5 Items | eBook Sharing
- Oh the Priorities | The Pigeon Blog
- Five Items | The Nameless One
- My Five Items | emilykarn
- The Isle of Bliss | A.C. Melody
- Five Items | The Cutter Rambles
- My Desert Island Necessities | Poeme Sur Le Web Blog
- Five items to bring to a deserted island | Words ‘n Pics
- Five Items: Necessities | My Conscious Self
- These Are Five of My Favorite Things
- Necessaties – Oh Now i Realised | Dreams to Reality !
- Staying in a less than 3 star hotel is as close to roughing it as I get. | thoughtsofrkh
- Be Prepared | djgarcia94
- Surfer Rob: King of the Island! | Rob’s Surf Report
- Deserted Island Wish List | Kansa Muse
- Daily Prompt: Five Items | kimmiecode
- Five Items | Lead us from the Unreal to the Real
- Daily Prompt: Five Items | Faerie Thoughts
- Daily Prompt: Five Items | standinginthestorm
- Need | Words on a Page
- Five Items | When the Words Won’t Come
- Five Items | Veronica Coons
- Five Things to Have in the Desert | maunderingsofaninja
- Daily Prompt: Five Items | On My Front Porch
- An Uncrowded Island | Charron’s Chatter
- Daily Prompt : On A Deserted Island | Scattered Thoughts
- Daily Prompt: Five Items | SIM | ANTICS
- Stranded on a Deserted Island? | Cheri Speak
- Five Items | Eldy’s
- 5 Things on a Deserted Island | To Pursue Happiness
- Necessities | Manresa, Maine
- 5 Items I must take with me on an island | Kawanee’s Korner
- Gradus ad Parnassum | vic briggs
- Daily Prompt: Five Items | adorablyobnoxious
- Invitation For Authors | mikemattice
- Daily Prompt: Five Items | L5GN
- Thursday Top 5: Desert Island Items | Sam’s Online Journal
- Daily Prompt: Five Items | draccoonian
- One Item | Overcoming Bloglessness
- Daily Prompt: All My Necessary Things | Morrighan’s Muse
- Joy: A Daily Dose | Wiley’s Wisdom
- 5 deserted island essentials | Yes For Yes
- Daily Prompt: Five Items | GG’s World
- 5 Things to Survival | A Simple Point in Time
- Daily Prompt: Five Items, Or: I’d Just Eat Gilligan | polymathically
- Daily Prompt: Five Items (Joint Post) | A Midnight Blog
- Antara butuh dan ingin | The Frozen Tears
- Daily Prompt: Five Items | Nola Roots, Texas Heart