Write the About page for your blog in 10 years.
Photographers, artists, poets: show us FUTURE.
Ten years! Hello, we are not all spring lambs hopping around in the blogging world telling everyone about their babies, boyfriends and showing videos of Justine Bieber sleeping. No, some of us are golden oldies, being thankful for every day you wake up, can stand up without assistance and remember what day it actually is.
I am a golden oldie but in ten years, 77 years old, I will even be waving goodbye to the platinum stage. I wonder whether Mr. Swiss will be pushing me in the wheel chair or the other way around. There is a neat little senior home in our village. It is quite new and even has a restaurant open to the public. Situated near the forest and a bus stop just outside for those breaking out. What could be better? Of course, it is not free, and there will be little change left from the monthly income, but who cares, at that age who needs money.
I noticed the senior home is just a five minute walk from the local cemetery, how convenient. What a wonderful walk wheelchair ride to take for a breath of fresh air, viewing the empty places and making a preliminary reservation – you never know.
My blogging days might still exist. I believe Bill Gates does it all with pictures and touch screen now (thinking of Windows 8). It will then be probably Windows 15, all programmed with a nod and an iThought. I am sure I will be able to do it, you get used to everything with time. I will probably no longer have my DSLR camera, but will settle for the pocket digital thing. The rheumatism in my fingers/hands/arms will be a hindrance to carrying such a heavy camera.
Who knows? Perhaps in the next ten years I will write my best seller, 50 Shades of Blog, where I tell everyone how it really was and what I was actually doing before and after I wrote my blog – that will be a sensation. The things I was never allowed to print due to censorship. Just a little secret, but do not tell anyone. I always enjoy the soft, smooth lick of a yogurt before I begin to blog, especially vanilla flavour. Oh, the sadistic delights of a blogger. As I am sitting here now at my center of operations an empty yogurt cup is posed next to the computer containing a spoon, memories of a pleasurable five minutes. I am getting carried away again.
I will probably have at least 10,000 followers in 2023, if none have gone to the happy blogging grounds in the meanwhile. I remember watching the film On the Beach where the crowds at the revival meetings were less and less as the world came to an end, being exterminated by World War Three. Ok, we do not want to paint such a sad picture, but WordPress how it is now will not be the same.
Sadly I do not think my felines will be a problem as they will probably be chasing mice in the eternal corn chambers. They are now already 11 years old (77 years human) and I have never seen a 21 year old cat, although it can happen, but that would be around 147 years is human terms.
So there we have it, Mrs. Angloswiss and Mr. Swiss soaking in memories of the good old days. Perhaps the secret of eternal life will be dscovered and we will be here to stay. I can see the new blog title already Angloswiss Rides Again, a sequel to the Angloswiss Chronicles. There will be a signature photo of myself with long silver hair and wearing a dressing gown, my feet in slippers with a bobble. Who says eternal life will make you look younger – you just cannot have everything.
Daily Prompt: About Page of the Future
- From work to an early grave! | Lost in Translation
- About A Woman | The Magic Black Book
- Future Me | Life Confusions
- So I Am Ten Years Older | Kansa Muse
- Daily Prompt: Rusty Awl and Old Scribe | Awl and Scribe
- About Page in Ten Years: I am so happy! | alienorajt
- 216. Ten Years From Now | Barely Right of Center
- A Time-Traveled About Page | tuckedintoacorner
- Daily Prompt; My about page in 10 years | sixty, single and surviving
- [Daily Prompt] About Page of the Future | Fathia’s little cave
- Daily Prompt: About Page of the Future | veryvanessalynn
- Daily Prompt; About Page of the Future | terry1954
- About JC Bride | JC Bride ~
- DP Challenge: All About Me (in ten years) Potatoes and Buddhism « Morning Pages
- I am my mother’s wild future | shame
- Future | View From The Third Eye
- Daily Prompt: About Page of the Future | Of Glass & Paper
- Ten Years Hence . . . | meanderedwanderings
- Daily Prompt: About Page of the Future | Wordz on a Page
- Your fortune here | tjbarkerseattle
- In Ten Years | Flowers and Breezes
- Future Me | Bright Tuesday
- Back To The Future | Just Visiting This Planet
- A morsel of me. | Tales of a slightly stressed Mother!
- When dreams come true | Trina’s North Germany
- Reflection; the Ripples of Love | Broken Light: A Photography Collective
- Famous… | Haiku By Ku
- Crazy Cat Lady | Mara Eastern’s Personal Blog
- What is Fruit Salad? | Fruit Salad
- Daily Prompt: About Page of the Future | Basically Beyond Basic
- Daily Prompt: About Page of the Future | From Slacker To Scribe
- “About Page of the Future” | Relax
- Daily Prompt : About Page of the Future | Mon beau manoir
- About me : 2023 | Processing the life
- Fairy Tales Can Come True | Misifusa’s Blog
- Daily Prompt: About Page of the Future | Ramblings of a jerk
- About | djgarcia94
- Back To The Future | tinypurpleme
- Daily Prompt: About Page of the Future | A Mixed Bag
- In ten years… you never know… | Words ‘n Pics
- Daily Prompt: Too Stuck in the Right Now | Under the Monkey Tree
- The Sky-Spa, 2023 (Daily Prompt) | (living a) Rahab Life
- Future | Taking One Day At A Time
- Daily Prompt: About Page Of The Future; Who Am I? | Wise Counsel
- publichealthwatch | Daily Prompt: 10 Years from Now, My Blog Will….
- Daily Prompt: About Page of the Future | Elämän katupeili
- Daily Prompt: About Page of the Future | lifebeinggirly
- Daily post: About…who knows what? | helen meikle’s scribblefest
- Daily Prompt: About Page of the Future | IMHO
- About: The Future | PSEUDOMONAZ
- once in awhile, we | y
- Daily Prompt: The Future | Write Through Life
- About Me… in Ten years, Seriously!?! | A Simple Point in Time
- Fast forward…2023 | Life as a country bumpkin…not a city girl
- BeHOLD the Future | It’s a wonderful F’N life