Good Morning


Not so sunny today,  but an interesting sky. I have not had a lot of time to admire it up to now as today is again day of the fresh bed linen. Whilst Mr. Swiss was still hugging his bed I began to remove my sheets and duvet covers. My first steps are to put the fresh covers on the duvet and cushion, remove the sheets and make an apartment inspection. In the meanwhile Mr. Swiss had returned to the land of the living and also demolished the sheeting arrangements on the bed.

I am now in the kitchen celebrating breakfast and the begin of the computer’s new day.


We got the programme for Mr. Swiss eye operation(s) yesterday and it might be that I disappear from here for a couple of days at the end of August and again a week later. Even I got a programme as the accompanying person. They do not have so much room to keep me in the practice during the whole process and so I have to leave. They will call me when everything is dealt with to pick up the patient. I will probably use the time to go shopping. They reckon on about 2 hours per eye, but only do one eye at a time. The second eye follows in a week so I will be on call again for two days. On the second day after the op he has to report after removing the bandage at home to see how the results are, and again a week later for an inspection. Luckily it will not be done in hospital but in the operation room at the practice. During this time I will be concentrating more on Mr. Swiss than blogging.

Other not so happy news is that our lift will be out of order for 2-3 days for cleaning the shaft in two weeks. It has been flooded a couple of times and now will be cleaned. We live on the ground floor, but I need the lift to take me down to my laundry room and garage which causes problems for me relying on my walker for transporting goods and not being able to carry anything. Luckily the key to our entrance door also fits in the neighbouring block, so I can use their entrance for their lift access. We all share the same cellar rooms.

The latest news from Switzerland is that one of our cable railways got stuck yesterday and they had to employ a helicopter to get the 300 marooned people back to ground level. That must have been an exciting excursion.

And now I am off for further deeds to perform. My half-made bed is waiting for me and it seems this afternoon I have an unplanned excursion to Mr. Swiss doctor as he needs some medicine which I can pick up. I was really thinking about a quiet afternoon.

Have a good day, enjoy and I hope to be back if nothing else turns up.


4 thoughts on “Good Morning

  1. Good Morning!
    I am sorry about you scheduled difficulties. I know that blogging is not a priority like other aspects of life are. It is something that I will need to evaluate pretty soon here, since I am not getting enough sleep, and have been neglecting chores and such. I miss the good old days, when I just wrote my weekly gardening column, and that was the extent of it.

    Liked by 1 person

    • I know what you mean. I used to go to work, so did Mr. Swiss and the rest took care of itself. We are now both retired, Mr. Swiss being 8 years older than me and will be 80 this year. With age comes problems that you never could imagine, at least I didn’t. Of course the body slows down and you find coping with normal daily chores a new job. Mr. Swiss no longer drives and I am the only mobile person with the car. I now have to cope with everything, housework, shopping and cooking, but I still want my little hobbies such as photography, blogging and reading and I now just have to fit it in somewhere. On top of it comes my MS which I can cope with and sleep quite well actually. Mr. Swiss has a back problem, can no longer walk so well and needs support. I also need walking support although at home I can manage OK. I could on on, but that is enough I think. Life really has its little surprises.

      Liked by 1 person

      • In my other ‘Felton League’ blog, I wrote ‘Honk If You’re Hateful’, about a van that honks very loudly on the nearby road almost every Saturday and Sunday morning between 6:30 and 6:45. It is on such a predictable schedule that I got a video of it. Saturday and Sunday are the days that I would like to sleep in really late, so the honking is quite annoying so soon after I wake up, although weirdly amusing too.

        Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s