Good Morning

Infusion Hospital

The real thing: me sitting on the bed in the hospital being infused with cortisone against infection. The whole thing goes half an hour and I have to go again today, so do not have a lot of time. I am becoming a regular customer at the hospital. I have already ordered my medicine at the chemists and can pick it up on Friday because I can continue with tablets until Sunday and then the whole procedure is over I hope, just for a relapse of MS. My giddy feeling has now disappeared although I am being careful of taking steps at the moment.

Poor Mr. Swiss also has his back problems and has been moving me back and forth to hospital. Luckily it is only a 5-10 minutes car drive from where we live.

I have not had a lot of time to do what I would like to do this week. No. 2 son paid a visit yesterday evening to see how mum was doing offering if he could help although there is nothing he can do. On Saturday he will be visiting with wife and my grandson. I thought I might have to call it off, but am now in my usual routine. I had a visit from the doc in hospital whilst I was there and told him I am just carrying on regardless and he confirmed it was the best method. There are people a lot worst than myself with MS, and I do not have such a strong case, although who knows what the future holds.

And now to carry on further. I am really stealing time at the moment as I have to go at 10.00 a.m. and have to shower and a bit of this and that. There is also a meal to cook. I was thinking of starting the spaghetti sauce now and reheating when I get home to lose no time. I also have No. 1 son to feed at lunchtime.

I hope you are all keeping well and no negative surprises. I am off, See you later in the day when I have this all behind me. Oh, how I hate stress so early in the morning.

Autumn Tree 14.11.2018

I even managed to get a photo of an autumn tree on my way home from the hospital yesterday. Always have a camera with you, you never know.

38 thoughts on “Good Morning

  1. Sorry to hear about the stress and hospital visits, Pat. Hope you’re soon back to ‘normal’ πŸ˜‰

    Good advice on the camera, for sure! ( Although these days many folk would not be caught dead without a 16 MP camera in their phone which is never out of their grasp. 😦

    Apart from a filling required in December things are good on my side. πŸ™‚

    Liked by 2 people

    • One step at a time at the moment. I have a bandage on each arm from the infusion an this morning they took blood from my finger for my diabetes, but now I am already planning my next escapade.

      Liked by 2 people

    • I feel a lot better now. I have had a touch of lumbago for the last month, but today I can sit again without pain. All a matter of patience and I really did not want to have another injection for that. I am becoming a pin cushion slowly but surely.

      Liked by 1 person

    • I take photos everywhere. I have to keep myself occupied. The cortisone has really done its work and I feel a lot better and am now pain free. I just have to take tablets today and tomorrow.
      Snow? It is too warm here in the lowlands. We usually get the first showers in November but nothing up to now.


  2. You certainly are resilient. I do not think that I would be up to writing if I had just gotten out of the hospital. I don’t know. Perhaps it would help. I know that my work helps, and would expect that normal activity (within reason) would be best for most others as well.

    Liked by 1 person

    • I am now feeling a lot better. The cortisone infusions have done their trick and I can now take tablets at home. I did not have to stay at the hospital, it was ambulant. It is just something I have to live with.

      Liked by 1 person

      • Well, I certainly do not intend to bring more attention to it than necessary.
        By the way, I may have deleted one of your comments as spam. I do not know how I did it, if I did so, but one comment seems to be gone now. I certainly did not mean to be rude about it. It just went away.

        Liked by 1 person

    • It was the first relapse that I realised. I am 72 years old an must have had a few according to my neurologist. I was only diagnosed 4 years ago although have had MS at least 30-40 years but am lucky to have a milder form, mainly being tired, but now am having giddy spells. I am lucky to have an electric wheelchair for longer journeys. At home I can cope with my walker and walking stick and on good days can hobble around. You know how it goes.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s