Life is a series of beginnings and endings. We leave one job to start another; we quit cities, countries, or continents for a fresh start; we leave lovers and begin new relationships. What was the last thing you contemplated leaving? What were the pros and cons? Have you made up your mind? What will you choose?
Photographers, artists, poets: show us CROSSROADS.
Anyone looking for a job? We have one going in one of the near villages. It is a cushy number and the lady that has been doing it for some time has decided to leave. Apparently she is leaving out of health reasons. The house was damp and she was bothered by a continuous row of visitors. The job? You would become the local hermit, living in a nice little cottage, but perhaps not so alone. I wrote a similar blog some years ago when a hermit left. They come and go. One had a shady reputation; there was talk of a criminal past. Perhaps he had helped himself to the cash box in the church.
These hermits just do not seem to have as much understanding and patience as they should. Of course they are not as alone as they want to be. What do you do when you know you have a hermit nearby? You take a look, and if it is in such a nice place, enclosed in a ravine between high cliffs where a stream runs through it, all the more for a pleasant Sunday afternoon walk. Unfortunately the lady that had the job (yes it was a female hermit) thought she would be living a quiet life. She did not expect people passing by on the path with their uncontrolled children shouting and doing things that kids do She was particularly allergic to dog owners that were taking their four-legged friend for a walk and sometimes without the lead. The hound leapt into the secluse and probably found the garden an ideal place to bury something. The hermit lady was not happy.
There was also the problem with the constant weddings in the local churches belonging to the valley of the hermit: too much noise and excitement. It seems she looked after the churches very well and they were always in a good condition. She just preferred them empty.
Mr. Swiss told me this morning there was an article in the paper about it all. I found she would be better off in a convent, where she could have all the peace she wanted. Apparently she was already spending a day a week in a convent, but decided this was not the solution, so the hermit is leaving and there will soon be an advertisement in the newspaper “Hermit wanted” – any offers?
Before I forget, here is a link to the last hermit blog I wrote. That was when the last hermit left. Hermit Wanted!
They even renovated the house after he left. So, if you are a catholic and do not mind having no television, radio or computer, this is the job for you – just saying.
And me – what did I leave. I left London, England a long way ago. I changed jobs a couple of times, but at the last job they invited me to leave, although we all parted on good conditions and I became a retired golden oldie. My next big move will probably be up the hill where I will join previous members of the village, but not yet.
I left my Tai Chi course a few months ago. They changed the time and it was half an hour earlier. Half an hour is a lot of time when the years pass by and it meant that I had half an hour less golden oldie sleep after lunch. I really tried, and stayed, but eventually I decided to leave. The thirty minutes less “me time” was too much stress. I have a motto after being retired. I had worked all my life, and decided that I would now do what I want to do and not what the others wanted. After a month I was called and they said the time would now revert to the old system and whether I was interested to join again. I thought it over for a few seconds and decided to take the plunge, so I am now Tai Chiing it with the golden oldie club again.
Mr. Swiss has now left me, but stay cool he will return in half an hour approximately. He is taking a walk along the river and up to the castle. He might even include a visit to the eternal resting grounds. It is a quiet place and ensures a relaxing walk.
I will now leave you until tomorrow when another fantastic, exciting, sensational blog episode appears here: Entrance free and stay as long as you like.
- Daily Prompt: If You Leave -Living Simple Life and the Obstacle | Journeyman
- Droplet from water tap explaining to its brothers and sisters structure of the world ocean | Crazy Art
- Leaving for the Normal | Mara Eastern’s Personal Blog
- Daily Prompt & The Button (short story) | The Jittery Goat
- Dp Daily Prompt: If You Leave | Sabethville
- of last straws | Anawnimiss
- dulu dan nanti | The Frozen Tears
- Leaving | Attempted Human Relations and Self
- I’ve Had Enough of This Utah Place
- Daily Prompt: Break Ups | Cabernet In The Dark
- I’m a Writer, Yes I Am
- Beyond the horizon | MC’s Whispers
- Who Really DECIDES? | I’m a Writer, Yes I Am
- Harry Potter, Famous Dads and Stoke Newington | AS I PLEASE
- Dear John: a fictional letter | ALIEN AURA’S BlOG: IT’LL BLOW YOUR MIND!
- Daily Prompt: Leave an old and start a new! Can I ? | seikaiha’s blah-blah-blah
- Selbstständigkeit versus Festanstellung | Zeitarbeiterin
- when love appeared in a yellow brick road | kaleidoscope sparks of defiance
- DP: Leaving – Autumn by Ruswa Fatehpuri | aliabbasali
- We Gathered Yesterday | Exploratorius
- Daily Prompt: If You Leave « Mama Bear Musings
- Crossroads | Inks and Scribbles
- A Letter To Say Goodbye | The Magic Black Book
- Too literal? Maybe, but I like the image…! | thoughtsofrkh
- Heartbreak | Flowers and Breezes
- COLORS AT THE CROSSROAD | SERENDIPITY
- Leaving Pittsburgh
- Daily Prompt: Why leaving a mouse is never easy | Blogizing
- I Give Up | The Zombies Ate My Brains
- Daily Prompt: March 12 | Balmy Life
- Remember where you came from… | Rima Hassan
- Contemplation | Lisa’s Kansa Muse
- Going on a break | Eclecticfemale’s Blog
- Daily Prompt: If You Leave | Awl and Scribe
- Leaving on a Jet Plane . . . | meanderedwanderings
- Daily Prompt: Crossroads | A Day In The Life
- Daily Prompt: If You Leave | Finding Life
- The Final Goodbye | Parents Are People Too
- 412 | mesardonicmesarcastic
- To leave or not to leave? | Sue’s Trifles
- If You Leave | Existentialists R Us
- poetry: daily prompt: never really leave | Shaddie on spec. fiction
- the times they are a ~changin | eastelmhurst.a.go.go
- if you leave | klstar2000
- iQuit |
- Let it go: Leaving so that I may stand in my own shadow « psychologistmimi
- If I leave | Jennifer Paige
- Leave it All Behind | Knowledge Addiction
- Crossroads | The Land Slide Photography
- If I Leave Detroit | A Blog of One’s Own
- I’ve abandoned it all | See it. Shoot it. Scrap it.
- Daily Prompt: If You Leave | Basically Beyond Basic
- Just Like Everyday | Views Splash!
- Goodbye Ohio | Being HIS Light in a Dark World
- Daily Prompt: If You Leave | Life is great
- Things that make it worth staying | snapshotsofawanderingheart
- Daily Prompt: If You Leave | kenbigtrain
- DP: End of an Era? | Scorched Ice
- The Workplace Tribe….(wp daily prompt) | Daily Observations
- Mild Reflections on Higher Education. | A Wiser Fella Than Myself Once Said…
- A Change | Real Momma Ramblings
- Life’s Transitions; A Mother’s Perspective | In For the Ride
- Daily Prompt: If you leave | Raevenly Writes
- Daily Prompt: Can I leave it behind? No! | Random & Real
- So We Stayed | Random Words
- “Crossroads” | Relax
- Final Farewell | Emotional Fitness
- crossroads | lemon lime follies
- The Road Less Traveled | The Shotgun Girls
- Leaving…Was It A Good Idea? | Cats, Coffee, And Life At Random
- If You Leave | Multi-Porpoise
- Among the Whispers
- If you leave… | Life as a country bumpkin…not a city girl
- If You Leave… | Lead us from the Unreal to the Real
- Goodbye Paradise | Arriving at Departure
- Goodbye Fast-Food, I’m Leaving You For a Computer | Schizo Incognito
- Taking care in Rome, Hanoi and… | Mishe en Place
- Daily Prompt: Being Contemplative! | All Things Cute and Beautiful
- Mommy at a Crossroads | Mommy in Bonlee
- Crossroads: Daily Post | Destino
- A different kind of goodbye. | Tales of a slightly stressed Mother!
- Daily Prompt: If You Leave, 12.03.14 | Markie’s Daily Blog
- The reasons for leaving UK for HK: Racism in the UK | Asianchemnerd
- Written Word Wednesday: Crossroads (Daily Post Prompt) | listlovelaugh
- Land Of Mike
- Daily prompt: Leaving Zagreb | roadsdiverge
- Day 71… Daily Prompt: If You Leave | Dear Blog ’14
- A Life Worth Living (Daily Prompt) | Riding Bitch
- The Psychological Journey of Leaving One’s Country and the Act of Acculturation | Institute for Hispanic Health Equity
- Totally Cliched Life of a Troubled Teen. | B.Kaotic
- Lost in the maddening crowd | vic briggs
- Daily Prompt: If you Leave | The Left Lobe | It Starts With L
- If You Leave – Ramblings from the Swamp
- Trust me, will ya! | Trucker Turning Write
- Crossroads near the college library (Daily Prompt: “If You Leave, Show Us Crossroads”) | Photo0pal Photography
- Daily Prompt: If You Leave | LoveAndDeathAndEverythingInBetween’s Blog
- Debt and Mattresses (Daily Prompt) | Thinking Diagonally
- Emerging from the Darkest Shade | From Hiding to Blogging
- Daily Prompt : Crossroads | That Montreal Girl
- Before & After | VernetteOutLoud
- Life’s Crossroads | The Abuse Expose’ with Secret Angel
- Crossroads: It’s Your Life | The Christian Gazette
- Daily Prompt: Crossroads | Lady K’s Lounge
- The Coldest Winter | I Have Author Things To Do
- If You Leave… | High Yellow Darling
- Leaving… it’s what I do | Willow’s Corner
- To move, or not to move… | Willow’s Corner
- Daily Prompt: If You Leave | Writing Canvas
- Let GO | Emily Anton
- Daily Prompt: If You Leave | Here I am !!
- Daily Prompt: If You Leave | Ramblings of a Midwest 20-Something
- The Art of Knowing When | djgarcia94
- Burn it with fire… Then rebuild. | thelowestedge