Sometimes, we act on impulse: it could be something as small as ordering that special dessert on the menu, maybe asking out that cute boy or girl, or as large quitting your job and selling everything you own to become a shepherd in New Zealand. What’s the most crazy, outrageously impulsive thing you’ve ever done? If you’ve never succumbed to temptation, dream a little. If you gave yourself permission to go a little crazy, what would you do?
Photographers, artists, poets: show us IMPULSE.
I no longer do impulse, have no interest and prefer to either think about it or forget it. I am more guided by what happens around me. I decided to take a photographic tour of the garden. We had nice warm weather, a sign that spring was on the way and a few crocus in the garden were waving their hands leaves to attract attention for a photo. Then a bee flew past and settled on a crocus. He gave me a big smile, started doing a few bee tricks, like laying on his back and waving his legs in the air, or some acrobatics holding onto the long bit in the middle of the flower. It was then that he told me to shoot, as he could not hold the position any longer. He gave me a big bee smile when I told him there was a possibility that his photo would feature on my famous, well-known daily blog.
It was definitely not an impulse that I moved to Switzerland. I would have gone anywhere in Europe, just to get out of London and see something else in the world. It just so happened that the job opportunity was in Switzerland. Mr. Swiss was also not an impulse (it just happened). We met, married and established the Swiss Family Angloswiss.
It was not an impulse to write this daily blog. I discovered it by chance and realised I now had a purpose in my blogging life. At last an opportunity to become well known, put my mark on the world of blog, perhaps even be awarded a prize for my ideas. This has not yet happened. In a way I am glad, if I had been given my Pulitzer/Nobel prize then I would have nothing more to hope for and there would be no goal in my blogging life. I might even stop blogging every day.
Today I have a writer’s block. I was working this afternoon in the garden, the sun was beating down and I asked myself why am I doing this? After an hour I was finished, collapsed sat in a chair and took five. I then decided to see what challenge was awaiting me for the daily prompt.
It was then that I realised that the most crazy, outrageously impulsive thing I have ever done was to have a garden. Actually when we bought the place it was just two lawns but Mrs. Angloswiss decided that her dream had come true, she now had a garden and trees, bushes and flowers could be planted. The first attempt was looking good until the two fir trees I planted decided to grow taller than the apartment house and the reed I planted began to spread its feet out in all directions. There was also a problem with a glycinia which lost its leaves in Autumn, meaning hours of sweeping them together. It also attacked the wall of the house and caused the rooms to have less light on that side of the appartment. I am sure it was possessed by some plant demon, so. the gardener removed it for us. There are still isolated attempts in the lawn from the exorcised glycinia to appear, but I remove them. Do I hear a scream when I cut them out?
At the moment we have a lawn problem, if you could call it a lawn. A lawn is a collection of grass, but our lawn is a mixture of grass and moss, with the moss slowly taking over. We are now thinking it over, but it might be death to the lawn and something completely different. I am thinking of a piazza, or a Japanese stone garden thing, although I believe the Japanese have to rake them through every day, so I will probably remain with the piazza idea. The problem with removing the moss from the lawn, is that there is no grass remaining afterwards.
So I have now bored you all enough with my thought wanderings. See you on the flip side tomorrow with another day in the life of a blogger.
- A Supposedly Fun Thing I Should Never Have Done in the First Place | AS I PLEASE
- I Did Something Crazy | Lifestyle | WANGSGARD
- On being yourself | Attempted Human Relations and Self
- A Watermark, a Ford Falcon and a Creative Commons License walk into an alley… | Greg Urbano
- This Daily Prompt Is For Men Only & My Short Story For The Day | The Jittery Goat
- impulse | yi-ching lin photography
- the city is an | y
- Daily Prompt: Let’s go Crazy! | Raevenly Writes
- DP Daily Prompt: Let’s Go Crazy | Sabethville
- Caramel Filled Chocolates | Miss Spicy Hat N’ Sugar Socks
- Wild Woman: let’s go crazy! | ALIEN AURA’S BlOG: IT’LL BLOW YOUR MIND!
- Let’s go with this. I suck at being impulsive. | thoughtsofrkh
- One Crazy Mom » Things I’m Crazy For
- THE WORST DECISION | SERENDIPITY
- Friday Flash – Impulse | My Little Avalon
- Time for some Kitchen Dancing! | MamaMickTerry
- Crazy for Thinking I Could Change Him Prayers and Promises
- Around The World | swiggityswag
- Venturing Beyond the Comfort Zone | snapshotsofawanderingheart
- The Convenience of Paradise | the intrinsickness
- IMPULSE | dandelionsinwind
- Excavating… | Haiku By Ku
- Women’s days and craziness | Sue’s Trifles
- “Let’s Go Crazy” | Relax
- comfort in my crazy | peacefulblessedstar
- “Sleep on it” | Hope* the happy hugger
- Daily Prompot: Let’s go crazy – African Style | The Pink Cucumber
- Dream Job | Why is there bread in my Kool-Aid?
- The Drive | Kate Murray
- Crazy Train? No, Crazy Bike | Cancer Isn’t Pink
- What Do You See? The Forest or the Trees? | meanderedwanderings
- Daily Prompt: Let’s Go Crazy | Awl and Scribe
- Walking Over There | Lisa’s Kansa Muse
- Welcome to the Machine | Rob’s Surf Report
- Bad idea | A picture is worth 1000 words
- spur | A beetle with earrings
- What Have I Done? | Flowers and Breezes
- let’s go crazy | klstar2000
- “Is that Girl WALKING?” – Daily Prompt | Bits & Pieces
- Daily Prompt: Let’s Go Crazy, 07.03.14 | Markie’s Daily Blog
- Fallen fancy | shame
- no direction home, a complete unknown | eastelmhurst.a.go.go
- Daily Prompt: Being Impulsive! | All Things Cute and Beautiful
- I Dropped Out of Grad School To Become a Missionary
- Time for a little daydream.. | Raspberry’s Daydreams
- Impulse | The Land Slide Photography
- Taming Kittens | Real Life Co.
- Out of My Mind….(wp daily prompt) | Daily Observations
- Stark Raving Love | Black Ink Pink Desk
- Losing Money on an Impulse | A mom’s blog
- Daily Prompt: Let’s Go Crazy | Really Random Musings
- Think Before You… Oh Wait, Too Late. | meg lago
- Growing up a nomad, I always had a “go” bag ready for spontaneity, and possible (yet fashionable) zombie apocalypse « psychologistmimi
- I Broke The Projector…SSShhh Don’t Tell Anyone! | Life Confusions
- Reflecting on my Magic Kingdom Internship | The Bohemian Rock Star’s “Untitled Project”
- Meanwhile, on a Mountain Top… | Green Embers
- I’m # 1 (or What happens when you like your own WP Post) | Altared Egos
- The Road Calls | Random Words
- Impulse – The Daily Prompt
- Is it crazy to go against society’s expectations? | A New Life Wandering
- Hawaiian Paradise | Jaspa’s Journal
- One Decision that Changed My Life Course | Schizo Incognito
- Musings: A Little Crazy… | Mirth and Motivation
- Gone Sailing
- Impulse Control: The Price of Not Following my Own Advice | Bullshit-Free Zone
- Going too crazy! | Trucker Turning Write
- What Not to Confess to the Person You’ve Been Dating For 3.5 Weeks | Kosher Adobo
- Let’s Go Crazy – Ramblings from the Swamp
- Daily Prompt: impulse | That Montreal Girl
- Stories From My Mind
- Slow-Burning Impulse | Serial Distractions
- Shepherding in Europe | tuckedintoacorner
- The Things We Do At Conferences…. | RePrEsSeD ExPrEsSiOnS
- Quite possibly the craziest thing I’ve ever done! | browney237’s Blog
- Crazy for Thinking I Could Change Him
- Impulse Souveniring | djgarcia94
- Impulse. Maybe. ~ Daily Prompt | joannebest
- Crazy trips | Life is great
- Daily Prompt: Let’s Go Crazy – “Dance & Band” | A Midnight Blog
- A lesser-known hamster habit (Daily Prompt: “Let’s Go Crazy, Show Us Impulse”) | Photo0pal Photography
- Daily Prompt: Impulse | Lady K’s Lounge
- Keeps On Giving | Wiley’s Wisdom
- The Blog Farm | Musings: A Little Crazy…
- Daily Prompt 03072014: Let’s Go Crazy | Annie, are you OK?
- Daily Prompt: Let’s Go Crazy | Basically Beyond Basic
- Daily Prompt: Let’s Go Crazy | Nola Roots, Texas Heart
- Acting on impulse | Willow’s Corner
- Tradesmen’s Crossing | aliabbasali