Tell us about a situation where you’d hoped against all hope, where the odds were completely stacked against you, yet you triumphed. Be sure to describe your situation in full detail. Tell us all about your triumph in all its glory.
Photographers, artists, poets: show us LONGSHOT.
Here we have the ex Manchester United goalkeeper, Edwin van der Saar, who always won against all odds, one of the best. I had a bit of a soft spot for him that was why I took the photo from the television at the UEFA Cup final a few years ago. Quality is not so good, but TV pictures never are.
Basically I always triumph; otherwise I probably would not be here to talk about it. Of course, there is a little problem with my Pulitzer/Nobel prize for literature, but you cannot get them all. With a little patience I am sure those stacked odds will crumble and fall and I will win. There is just one thing that bothers me, I am not growing younger. I know I am now in the prime of life, the interesting age, but if this prize thing does not arrive soon, I will not look so good when I have to climb onto the stage to receive it in ten years. On the other hand you can do so much with photos, and I am sure with a little retouching, the prize winning photo will show me in my youthful glory. Just a little clowning with the wrinkles and hair colour and I will fool them all.
Otherwise to put a serious angle on this blog (although I am always serious), I cannot recall that the odds were ever stacked against me. I cannot be bothered to let it happen. I have been blogging for some years now. There was a blogging place called Multiply where they had a weekly photo thing. Someone would suggest a theme and we would all post our photos and visit each other and comment. Of course we all made nice comments, no-one would trust themselves to say what a load of old rubbish, or that was bad quality. The photos were all OK and we got to know each other. Then one day the leader of the group decided let’s have a competition once a month and choose the best photo. That was when I left the group, but not without telling the lady in charge that I no longer had any interest. I do not do competitions, whether it be writing or photos.
I do not need a confirmation that mine is the best. It does not interest me. I am here for fun. I made my way long enough in the rat race we called work and now I am retired and do what I want when I want in that connection. Perhaps that is one of the reasons why I have an award free blog. If WordPress like to give me one of their official things, that is OK. I do not seek it and it is a reward. I do not have to fulfil ten or more various duties to qualify.
I am not a misery guts by no means and I read and appreciate quite a lot of the blogs written on the daily prompt theme, and others, but I do not do triumphs or victories, not my thing.
I did have a feeling this afternoon, however, that the odds were very much stacked. It was time to refresh the garden, get it ready for the summer. This was a mistake. I had everything ready. Three large bags of fresh earth, each being so heavy I could not lift it. I dragged each bag across the lawn to the flower bed. Now that was a triumph against the odds of getting a slipped disk by lifting the bag. After an hour I had succeeded and the garden beds had a good sprinkling of fresh earth, mixed with poultry manure pellets to make sure the plants had a good growing future. Afterwards I raked the lawn to dethatch it. Now I did not know the word for that in English, but it is removing the moss from the lawn. That was backbreaking work and I discovered that I now longer have a lawn, but a thatch patch. I finally refilled the birdhouse and collapsed at my computer to see what exciting and fulfilling work of daily prompt I had to complete today against all odds.
The main thing is, I survived.
- Loserly | Mila’s Misadventures
- Daily Prompt: Against All Odds-Psychology behind resilience | Journeyman
- Daily Prompt: Against All Odds | tnkerr-Writing Prompts and Practice
- Longshot: Daily Prompt | ALIEN AURA’S BlOG: IT’LL BLOW YOUR MIND!
- To London For Love (Part 2) & The Daily Prompt | The Jittery Goat
- It was as though there was someone else helping me along… | Hope* the happy hugger
- Care to Dare | Rima Hassan
- Off to Peru With You | Under the Monkey Tree
- Against All Odds She Met Grace Prayers and Promises
- DP Daily Prompt: | Sabethville
- The Best Laid Plans | My Author-itis
- I upgraded my laptop against all the odds | Sue’s Trifles
- Take a Look at me Now – Apparently I’m a Robot | thanks for letting me autograph your cat
- Do it anyway | Busy Mind Thinking
- One Crazy Mom » Against all odds
- War of 1812 – Why It Still Matters | Exploratorius
- Daily Prompt: Against All Odds | seikaiha’s blah-blah-blah
- Road to Regionals: Finale | It’s a wonderful F’N life
- And He Scores!! | Cancer Isn’t Pink
- This Man is an Island. | L5GN
- Minutely Infinite | Facing The Music
- DON’T PRESS YOUR LUCK | SERENDIPITY
- Measles | I’m a Writer, Yes I Am
- Daily Prompt: Against All Odds | A Day In The Life
- Daily Prompt:Against All Odds / choose the fish bowl wisely… | Louie Behogan
- Beautiful Bermeo | Life is great
- The Scholarship I Almost Won Might Help Me Change The World
- The League of Monsters that Never Was | Green Embers
- The Trials and Travails of Caleb Clark . . . Will He or Won’t He? (Short Fiction) | meanderedwanderings
- Hold On To Your Dreams | Flowers and Breezes
- Over the Hill and through the barriers | Lisa’s Kansa Muse
- Longshot | The Land Slide Photography
- Of High School and Curtain Calls: When reality far exceeded the drama on stage | Quite Callipygous
- Me Out Of Me! | Views Splash!
- against all odds | klstar2000
- Against All Odds | The Nameless One
- lefty’s left arm broke | eastelmhurst.a.go.go
- Fighting the Odds (Womanly Problems) | The Shotgun Girls
- Daily Prompt: Being Rushed! | All Things Cute and Beautiful
- Romeikes are in. Yes. | Home’s Cool!
- Jesus poses under the Bodhi Tree | The Salmon Yatra
- Longshot | A picture is worth 1000 words
- Against all odds we gave people a place to heal | The Bohemian Rock Star’s “Untitled Project”
- College: Two and a Half Years That Changed My Life | Schizo Incognito
- Daily Prompt: Getting To London, a total Longshot | Cabernet In The Dark
- Fighting Within the GLBTQ Community is “Gay” | Shades of Teal
- Daily Prompt: Against All Odds ~~ Cancer and Depression |
- Leaving Barcelona Against All Odds « psychologistmimi
- Divided | Broken Light: A Photography Collective
- Eagle in flight (Daily Prompt: “Against All Odds, Longshot”) | Photo0pal Photography
- The Common White Girl’s Idea of Struggling | meg lago
- The surest bet in Vegas | Altared Egos
- Against All Odds. | Thoughts On Love
- Daily Prompt: Against All Odds – Staying Married | Life’s So Sweet
- High School. | Asta’s Space
- Against All Odds – OVER and OVER Again! | Musings | WANGSGARD
- Against All Odds | Eclecticfemale’s Blog
- Paddy Power! Against all odds. | Trucker Turning Write
- Daily Prompt: Against all odds | That Montreal Girl
- Daily Prompt: Against All Odds | Basically Beyond Basic
- Like a Chinese lantern floating | Middle Queendom
- Daily Prompt: Bittersweet Memories | SCATTERBRAIN
- Building strength in your child | Parents Are People Too
- Daily Prompt: Against All Odds | huntprayerpoems
- Against All Odds | Emotional Fitness
- Longshot | A New Day
- Daily Prompt: Against All Odds | Nola Roots, Texas Heart
- Against All Odds – British Edition | Constructing a Life
- A Life time of Odds | snapshotsofawanderingheart
- Winning – Rose Glace’s Blog