You. We know *you* are vice-free, dear Daily Post reader. But, or perhaps we should say, “butt,” others around you and in your life are riddled with vices: they smoke; they eat too much celery; they hog the covers; they can’t keep their hands out of the office candy bowl. Which vice or bad habit can you simply not abide in others?
Photographers, artists, poets: show us VICE.
And another song title greets us for the daily prompt. I always hated that song.
“Nera feline, what are you doing?”
“but not on the clean washing that I want to iron.”
“You have a problem? Clean, dry washing is balsam to a tired and weary feline. It refreshes our fur, replenishes our thought programme and it smells good.”
“Nera, move your feline body to another place. My washing will be full of feline hairs and will smell like a feline. This annoys me.”
“Sorry Mrs. Human, explain word “annoy” it does not exist in Miaow”.
“If you do not move immediately, the feline name “Nera” will also have a short life.”
She moved, but reluctantly, was I doing something wrong?
This prompt has emphasised the fact that I am so perfect, and have no vices. I do not smoke, do not drink and life is not even boring. There is always something to do. Of course others might smoke, but I just ignore them, open the windows (even in the midst of Winter) and turn on the fan. They usually disappear, close the door or go outside.
I am such a peace loving person. Conflict situations occur, but I do my best to avoid them. I have a time table during the week. Not that I have to have a time table, but I am just used to doing my own thing. Three mornings are reserved for a shopping trip and the remaining mornings I have certain managerial functions to fulfil. There is a bathroom to be cleaned. No problem, but it seems that I am avoided and ignored when carrying out this task. Perhaps my negative characteristics are prominent, but I have none. I do not like interruptions in the course of my work and tend to be a little loud perhaps, but no problem. Suddenly I find myself alone, everyone disappears: even the felines hide in a quiet place and sleep.
There was a time when I was addicted to eating in the evening. Not just the evening meal, but during the evening I was hunting for salted peanuts and above all potato chips: washed down with a glass of coke this was perfect. Unfortunately there was a disadvantage to this eating orgy. Not only did my cholesterol levels rise, but my sugar mirror also climbed. Who cares? I was enjoying my evenings, but unfortunately there was a negative side. In the morning the living room floor was littered with crumbs remaining from the evening before. Due to my perfect character, I just ignored this. Unfortunately not all are so perfect and a few negative words were spoken. Needless to say my doctor also had a few comments in connection with my super diet. Today I am peanut and potato chip free, almost. I do not eat them in public places in the apartment, just in the kitchen and have reduced the consumption. I only now drink water. My dentist once mentioned something about my teeth having brown stains (was that the cola?).
I never regarded this as a bad habit, but I am often misunderstood.
I am now writing my daily perfect work of literature, being prompted. Today the prompt is really special as the subject matter highlights how perfect my talents are. Again I am sitting alone, abandoned by Mr. Swiss and the three felines. Mr. Swiss is taking a walk in the fresh air (with his iPoddy thing for company) and the three felines are again sleeping.
As you can see I have no vices. I would add, if it is one thing I cannot stand, that annoys me most of all in people, it is those that do everything right, never make mistakes, and are convinced they are the most perfect people in the world.
- On Homophobia | AS I PLEASE
- say what you mean, mean what you say | the hilarious pessimist
- Motes in Other’s Eyes/Daily Prompt | I’m a Writer, Yes I Am
- I drink too much – Daily Prompt | alienorajt
- Vices of many… | thoughtsofrkh
- Waking Up To A Nightmare And Daily Prompt | The Jittery Goat
- One Crazy Mom » Never Gonna Give You Up….Or Am I?
- Smelly, Stinky Vice Rant
- I.N.S.O.M.N.I.A. | littlegirlstory
- Vice and Versa | Kate Murray
- Close Enough | Rima Hassan
- DP Daily Prompt: Never Gonna Give Up | Sabethville
- Daily Prompt: Never Gonna Give You Up | tnkerr-Writing Prompts and Practice
- Please Don’t Burp In My Face! – Anecdotes | wangsgard.com
- Daily Prompt: Never Gonna Give You Up « Mama Bear Musings
- Daily Prompt: Never Gonna Give You Up | Tangled Up In Daydreams
- Sexual assault: the reality – Daily Prompt. Disturbing read. | alienorajt
- Daily Prompt: Never Gonna Give You Up | Awl and Scribe
- Pure Tone | Exploratorius
- Dirty | Hope* the happy hugger
- litter | yi-ching lin photography
- Daily Prompt: Never Gonna Give You Up | The Wandering Poet
- there are weaknesses | y
- Just Take My Ears. You Can Have Them. | aMUSEing THINGS
- Number 49 | My Little Avalon
- Please Throw Away the Candy Wrappers | marjanitalarosa
- Hope | Busy Mind Thinking
- Daily Prompt: Never Gonna Give You Up | Delicious Ambiguity
- S. Thomas Summers: Writing with Some Ink and a Hammer | When the Vultures Come
- Just Order, Food Neophobia Or Not | Lisa’s Kansa Muse
- Daily Prompt: Never Gonna Give You Up- Dishonesty and Self Hatred | Journeyman
- Never gonna give you up… Today’s daily prompt. | The Shevster’s Space
- Consider this! | The Shotgun Girls
- Daily Prompt: Being Mean! | All Things Cute and Beautiful
- Viceroy of Micro Managing | To Write With a Broken Pencil is Pointless
- There is no getting around it – people are hard to live with | An Upturned Soul
- Feelings | Life is great
- My Family’s Vices | Musings of a Soul Eclectic
- Daily Prompt: Never gonna give you up……Food | Blogizing
- What Chips Are For | Spinning Tales
- Inspiration Monday 19 February 2014 Meets the Daily Prompt: Pet Peeve | One Starving Activist
- OCD vs. IDGAF | peacefulblessedstar
- We all have our vices | The Nameless One
- Replacing Love | snapshotsofawanderingheart
- Nosiness | Flowers and Breezes
- DP: Vices | Walk With Me
- Live, Love, Laugh, Dance, Pray
- Mucophagy | Glorious Results Of A Misspent Youth
- A MESSAGE FROM YOUR SPONSOR | SERENDIPITY
- Vices?! (Daily Prompt Challenge) | Ana Linden
- Daily Prompt: Snoring | The Road Less Travelled By
- Improper Birthday Songs | djgarcia94
- The Abusive Vice | The Christian Gazette
- Unmasking the Devil | A.C. Melody
- TX Children Like Dogs | Parents Are People Too
- A Wanna-be Writer’s Utopia | Write now?
- Daily Prompt: Never Gonna Give You Up | Basically Beyond Basic
- Amuse bouche, I worship thee | Mishe en Place
- A Bit Competition Crazy | LenzExperiments
- Cracking Knuckles | Read Me
- Tough Dilemmas in a Dog’s Life…. | Midwestern Plants
- Never Gonna Give You Up | Lead us from the Unreal to the Real
- “It’s time to write” – a (somewhat) fictionalized account of my vice. | The Bohemian Rock Star’s “Untitled Project”
- Both Spoken And Thought | Call Me Incorrigible
- Vices and Pet Peeves | meanderedwanderings
- Daily Prompt: Never gonna give you up | MARGARET ROSE STRINGER
- Vice | The Land Slide Photography
- 50 Shades Of Vice: A Haiku | Mirth and Motivation
- Stonewalling | The Road Less Paved
- Daily Prompt: Never gonna give you up | Occasional Stuff
- Don’t question my quinoa! | thedeepintoxication
- Never Gonna Give You Up | Yowza, Here We Go!
- Vice: Daily Post | Destino
- Vices of Others? Oh, Let Me Count the Ways | by LRose
- Feb Photo Challenge 19 | Queenie
- Feb Photo Challenge 19 | Queenie
- The sawdust in your eye | Nagoonberry
- Intolerable Vices | The Pigeon Blog
- to vice or not to vice? that is the question. | In The Moment
- Bad Habits Don’t Always Need to Be Broken | meg lago
- Vices- daily prompt | A picture is worth 1000 words
- The Blog Farm | 50 Shades Of Vice: A Haiku
- Daily Prompt: Never Gonna Give You Up | That African Girl
- Perfect is the New Cool | Ellen Maybe
- Never Gonna Give Up On You | Life Of A Cosmetologist!
- For the love of Pete, stop bending my decorative pillows. (And the bed pillows.) | Wondertwisted
- I Hate It When Other People Do That… It’s Bad Enough When I Do It! | My Author-itis
- Clean Language Only Please | tuckedintoacorner
- Daily Prompt: Vice | That Montreal Girl
- Anxiety and Booze – Daily Prompt | JADB
- Daily Prompt: Never Gonna Give You Up | Vagabond
- Eight Kinds of People I Don’t Want to Dine With | Kosher Adobo
- Vice, Addiction, Stagnation | Inks and Scribbles
- Love cannot be crushed | fifty5words
- V I C E | the bippity boppity beautiful blog
- So Many Choices | Wiley’s Wisdom
- Vice? | Alexia Jones
- Daily prompt: Second attempt | helen meikle’s scribblefest
- TDP: Never Gonna Give You Up–”Vices” | aballofgoof
- Vice Vice Baby | Lux
- Oh common, who doesn’t have vices? | harinivasudev
- Let Go | TechPersonified
- Daily Prompt: Never Gonna Give You Up | Nola Roots, Texas Heart
- Keep It To Yourself | Wanderlein