Today is your lucky day. You get three wishes, granted to you by The Daily Post. What are your three wishes and why?
Photographers, artists, poets: show us WISHES.
I wish that Fluffy would find another place to have a sleep instead of my chair.
I had just finished my midday golden oldie sleep, when the door bell sounded. I hate having to present myself to the public when I am not quite in the world, especially when I have a few things lined up, like cleaning and writing a daily prompt.
“Good afternoon Mrs. Angloswiss.” A man was standing at the door dressed in a suit with a large badge on his jacket bearing the worlds “WORDPRESS Daily Prompt supervisor”. “At last we meet personally.”
“I’m sorry, but I do not remember expressing the wish to meet anyone personally. Can I help you?”
“Exactly, we recognised your 50 shades of blogging talent in our offices and your name was picked today to personally deal with your three wishes.”
“Three wishes? I don’t get you.” My brain was still recovering from the realm of sleep and who was this guy anyhow, a genie in WordPress disguise.
“I can see you are bewildered Mrs. Angloswiss, but let me help. Have you seen todays Daily Prompt? We are granting you three wishes and you can now inform me personally.”
“Is this real, or do you want me to sign up for one of those Premium Themes? I am already paying for a .com site and my financial possibilities are now at their maximum.”
“Just the opposite Mrs. Angloswiss: you can place three wishes and WordPress will grant them.”
“Who are you speaking to at the door” Mr Swiss was calling.
“Some bloke from the WordPress. He says I can have three wishes.”
“Good then ask him where the remote control is for the stereo. I have been searching for three days and still not found it.”
“Did you hear Mr. WordPress.”
“No problem, tell him to look on top of the loudspeaker next to his desk.”
I called out in a loud clear voice to Mr. Swiss “He said to look on the loudspeaker next to the desk.”
“Ah, now look at that. It must have been lying there all the time.” Mr. Swiss was happy, he had found it.
“You see Mrs. Angloswiss, I was not pulling you on. You have three wishes and one has been granted. Now for the other two.”
I took a closer look at this WordPress person. Did I see a glimmer of red in his eyes, or was it the sun rays reflecting on his face. Actually when I look closer I see that his whole person seems to be standing in a circular ring of light descending from a gap in the clouds.
“I am still waiting Mrs. Angloswiss. I have a lot of WordPress clients to visit this afternoon. Just two more wishes.”
“Ok, do not rush me, I have to think about this. What about helping all the poor people in the world and healing the sick?”
“Again, I have that one at least one hundred times on the list. Sounds good, but give me something different. You do want to win the Pulitzer/Nobel prize for your efforts in the blog world or perhaps be freshly pressed again?”
“Yes, that’s it, I will take the Pulitzer prize.” At last my efforts would be recognised worldwide.
“Sorry cannot do that, already been taken” he answered.
“Just a minute, are you kidding me. All you have produced up to now is a remote control that would have eventually been found in any case.”
“But WordPress saved time and Mr. Swiss is happy.”
“You know what. I think, you are having me on. You talk about three wishes being granted on a daily prompt, and that daily prompt has been done before. You are wasting my time. I just wish you would write the prompt yourself and go.”
Strange things happen, there was a clap of thunder and bolt of lightning and this WordPress man in a suit just disappeared. Was I dreaming? I returned to the living room and Mr. Swiss was happy channel jogging on his stereo with the remote listening to a few jazz tracks from various radio stations. I sat down at the computer to see if this daily prompt was all real and there it was all written and uploaded.
1. I wish Mr. Swiss would find the remote.
2. I wish someone would write my daily prompt.
3. I wish the WordPress man would stop bothering me.
OK, I am not saying anything more.
- Daily Prompt: Lucky Stars | Journeyman
- 3 Wishes; You Got To Be Kidding Me! | The Jittery Goat
- Short of Apotheosis | Daily Prompt: Lucky Star | likereadingontrains
- Blogger schenken Lesefreude | lady smartypants
- DP Daily Prompt: Lucky Star | Sabethville
- Daily Prompt: Lucky Star | Incidents of a Dysfunctional Spraffer
- http://dailypost.wordpress.com/2014/02/13/daily-prompt-lucky-star/ | preethikarthik06
- Lucky Star | An Accountant and a Mum
- Add Love and Stir | Travel with Intent
- Star light, Star bright… | Sounds of Time
- Which Wishes Would I Wish, If I Had Wishes to Wish? | meanderedwanderings
- A Land which says …..”GLOOM IS BANNED” | So Not Simple
- DP: Lucky Star | Scorched Ice
- Late Season Sailing | Exploratorius
- Daily Prompt: Lucky Star « cognitive reflection
- Wishing on a falling star…that won’t get you very far | snapshotsofawanderingheart
- Things Are Going My Way « lordmikle
- Daily Prompt: Lucky Star « Mama Bear Musings
- Fairy Godmother Time: Daily Prompt | alienorajt
- Three Wishes « My journey to qualify for the Boston Marathon…and everything in between…
- If Wishes Were Butterflies, My Net Would Be Full… | The Eclectic Poet
- Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. | My Lullabies
- Lucky Star | Shade Walker
- Daily Prompt: Lucky Star – 3 Wishes | Life’s So Sweet
- I Have a Lucky Star ! | Knowledge Addiction
- If Wishes Were Horses | Unlocking The Inner Creative
- Three Wishes? | Post Departum Depression
- Three Wishes For Me | Flowers and Breezes
- Daily Prompt: Lucky Star[Feeling Lucky – My three wishes] | Paradise and Beyond….
- three wishes,…… | ensuing light…
- If | Stephanie auf Reisen: the next adventure
- Do You Believe In Magick? « Shrine of Hecate – Ramblings of a New Age Witch
- My Three Wishes | Step Into My Head
- My.Vivid.Visions | Daily Prompt: Lucky Star – My 3 Wishes
- S. Thomas Summers: Writing with Some Ink and a Hammer | On This Day – Blizzard
- Three Wishes in the HIV Field | Institute for Hispanic Health Equity
- Puppy Star! | Haiku By Ku
- Daily Prompt: Lucky Star | Basically Beyond Basic
- wishing on a star | In The Moment
- I’m No Beggar, But I’ll Ride That Horse! | My Author-itis
- Wishing On A Star! « One Crazy Mom
- Imagination, Imagination and Imagination | Life is great
- Just By Wishing | Edward Hotspur
- I’m a Reality Man | I’m a Writer, Yes I Am
- I Promise I Won’t Bite You
- Lucky star wishes were once grand: Today I just want the snow to go away and be in Candyland « psychologistmimi
- DP: I Wish… | As I See It
- Free to a Good Home | The Zombies Ate My Brains
- 3 wishes | A mom’s blog
- How hard it is | Parents Are People Too
- Daily Prompt – Lucky Star | Views Splash!
- Daily Prompt: Make a Wish | Daily Prompt & Blogging Progress
- Lucky Star: Daily Post | Destino
- Lucky Star | The Nameless One
- The Three Wishes | Must Be This Tall To Ride
- Daily Prompt: LUCKY STAR | Duniya Ku
- Lucky Stars? | martha0stout
- Daily Prompt: Being Aladdin! | All Things Cute and Beautiful
- stranded | yi-ching lin photography
- IF WISHES WERE HORSES … | SERENDIPITY
- we grow out of | y
- Daily Prompt: Lucky Star | The Wandering Poet
- …abiding by the No “I wish for endless wishes” rule? | thoughtsofrkh
- If I Wished Upon A Star – Musings
- A Wish in The Wind…. | My Play Nook
- Daily Prompt: Lucky Star | justbeverity
- If I Could Have Three Wishes | A New Life Wandering
- Lucky Star, Lucky Strike, Lucky Rabbit’s Foot? | Lead us from the Unreal to the Real
- Daily Prompt: Lucky Star |
- Lucky Star | A Taswegian in Finland
- When you wish upon a star… | The Shotgun Girls
- The 3 Wishes WordPress Can Grant Me | Cheri Speak
- Daily Prompt: Lucky Star | (A Day in the Life) Un Giorno Nella Vita
- The Three Wishes | Navigate
- Daily Prompt: Lucky Star | To Breathe is to Write
- Wishbones & Dandelions! | melissuhhsmiles
- The thing about wishes | Busy Mind Thinking
- Daily Prompt: Lucky Star | scrapperjudedesigns
- Daily Prompt: Lucky Star and An Old Joke | tnkerr-Writing Prompts and Practice
- Daily Prompt: Lucky Star | Occasional Stuff
- Genie in a keyboard? | 2 times pink
- What would you do with three wishes? | Adventures with the Clawsons
- Wishful Thinking | brookusbee
- Happy Valentine’s Day: A Haiku And Three Wishes | Mirth and Motivation
- How to keep anger in its place | Emotional Fitness
- Daily prompt: Lucky star | laura-in-china
- 3 Wishes for the employer that recently “let me go” | thejimmieG
- This Beggar Would Ride | Visions Of a Vikzen
- Daily prompt: Go straight to gaol, do not pass ‘Go’… | helen meikle’s scribblefest
- Buzzy Beez
- terminat hora diem; terminat auctor opus; the hour finishes the day; the author finishes his/her work | Buzzy Beez
- Daily Prompt: wishes | That Montreal Girl
- The Genie in the Beer Can | Thinking Diagonally
- DP: LUCKY STAR | DANDELION’S DEN
- FRIENDS AND FOE | DANDELION’S DEN
- Daily Prompt: Lucky Star? | seikaiha’s blah-blah-blah
- Let harini have these three wishes please? | harinivasudev
- Wishing for Good Luck | Scene from the Hill
- La Buveuse | field of thorns
- La Buveuse | field of thorns
- Threes wishes | mombox
- Be careful what you wish for | Willow’s Corner
- Couch to … 25K? | butterscotch palace
- In Spite Of It All | Wiley’s Wisdom
- Ben and | mombox
- wishing on a star | zaji…the holistic writer
- Can someone find me a Genie? | The Bohemian Rock Star’s “Untitled Project”
- Suicide no. 26: Wish | derekalanwilkinson
- “My Wish” | The Christian Gazette
18 thoughts on “Daily Prompt: Lucky Star”
Pingback: wishing on a star | In The Moment
Pingback: Just By Wishing | Edward Hotspur
This is a good one.
Pingback: I’m a Reality Man | I'm a Writer, Yes I Am
Pingback: 3 wishes | A mom's blog
Pingback: IF WISHES WERE HORSES … | SERENDIPITY
Pingback: Daily Prompt: Lucky Star | The Wandering Poet
Pingback: Lucky Star, Lucky Strike, Lucky Rabbit’s Foot? | Lead us from the Unreal to the Real
Pingback: The 3 Wishes WordPress Can Grant Me | Cheri Speak
Pingback: Daily Prompt: Lucky Star and An Old Joke | tnkerr-Writing Prompts and Practice
You know what, I feel like a lot of the recent prompts have been done before.
Pingback: If I Could Have Three Wishes | A New Life Wandering
That was very creative. I love it.
Pingback: Can someone find me a Genie? | The Bohemian Rock Star's "Untitled Project"
Pingback: Daily Prompt: Lucky Star | Nola Roots, Texas Heart
I WISH I’d read this earlier! 😀
Pingback: Lucky star wishes were once grand: Today I just want the snow to go away and be in Candyland « psychologistmimi