You’ve been granted magical engineering skills, but you can only use them to build one gadget or machine. What do you build?
Photographers, artists, poets: show us MACHINES.
I worked for almost thirty years in a Swiss machine tool manufacturing company, so this is a control system for one of the machines.
I have magical engineering skills! An end to the countless usage of foul words when something does not work.
Of course No. 1 on my list is the computer. How often do we wish that we had a Bill Gates look-alike at beck and call when the computer misunderstands our commands? Some say a computer never makes mistakes, I am sure this is just an excuse originating from Microsoft Incorporated to avoid lawsuits or damage claims when your computer is broken from a fall out of the window. You wait for endless hours outside an office building in a small town somewhere in Silicon Valley for the owner of the computer company to appear. You are armed with a Kalishnikov ready to shoot when he appears. You might have a city gentleman’s walking stick umbrella with a hidden syringe in the point ready to infect the computer inventor with a lethal poison. The perfect computer has not yet been invented. How often have we experienced a blue screen, a black screen or even no screen. This is definitely a market niche to be filled.
I was actually thinking about founding a social networking site where everyone could join. Friends would be made all over the world and a lot of money would be made as well (by me). People could let off steam when they felt they were mishandled by their respective boyfriend/girlfriend and everyone would hate and despise this person for treating his/her friend so despicably. You can swear, even send a few virus threads to people you do not like or even do not know – fun. You could tell everyone how much you really love your dog, cat, children, husband, wife, brothers and sisters. There would be an opportunity to take photos of your latest cake baking triumph for everyone to worship and admire in full RGB colours. Your grandchildren and newest baby additions to the family could be photographed and inserted in this social networking site. In twenty years the little babies of today would be really thankful that the whole world has seen them as a pacifier addicted little person. At least their mothers would still be happy, although their children might not be talking to them due to this reason.
Just a minute. What did you say? It has already been done. Some bloke called Mark Zuckerberg did it ten years ago and is still counting his millions from the misguided that joined. How could a bloke with a name like that invent such a serious thing – Sugar Mountain. On the other hand I suppose the name suits the target – a sweet, sugary dreamland visited by sweet sugary dreaming people.
Connecting to yesterday’s daily prompt (see golden oldies also have a short term memory, contrary to popular ideas), I heard a suggestion that a machine with just a button to press would be ideal for cleaning everything in the house. Not just washing dishes, but washing clothes, ironing clothes and putting them away neatly folded. It would also cook delightful five star menues. On the other hand that would be superfluous. This machine already exists. It is called “woman” and can even think and talk. Who needs a silent, brainless machine for the work. A “woman” entertains simultaneously. “Woman” adds her ideas, can complain and even praise if necessary.
To conclude this blog, Q.E.D. (quod erat demonstrandum meaning which had to be demonstrated) there is an invention, a solution to all problems,the world’s best widget, and it is called “woman”. Who said something about the apple? Forget it, if you bake a cake in the kitchen who takes a bite before invited – exactly.
- Driven! | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- Time travel | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- I don’t know why this HASN’T been thought of yet.. | From One Crazy Life To Another
- Bad Widgets, Crummy Hot Dogs | The Jittery Goat
- Daily Prompt: World’s Best Widget « cognitive reflection
- Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines | alienorajt
- Just A Little Help! « One Crazy Mom
- Daily Prompt: Plug Me In | Under the Monkey Tree
- Just Tell Me What I Need, Robot | Mitten’sKittens
- HDR Chrome | Greg Urbano
- DP Daily Prompt: World’s Best Widget | Sabethville
- Chronos | My Little Avalon
- World’s Best Widget: My Panda Team | Taare Zameen Par
- Daily Prompt: World’s Best Widget | tnkerr-Writing Prompts and Practice
- Yankee Fork Gold Dredge | Exploratorius
- Help to Slay the Dragon | Misifusa’s Blog
- twinflames not tinkertoys | peacefulblessedstar
- Daily Prompt: A Do-Widget | A New Day
- What We Need Are Replicators!
- Daily Prompt: World’s Best Widget | Cee’s Photography
- Daily Prompt: World’s Best Widget « Mama Bear Musings
- The Lurker’s List | Top Gadget for 2014 and Counting: A Good Mood Gadget
- Man and Machine | L5GN
- Break down the wall | Le Drake Noir
- Daily prompt : The IQ Measuring Gadget | Thoughtless Prattler
- Born to Run and Surf on the Sunset « psychologistmimi
- Super Dubber Plant Weight and Harvest Widget | Lisa’s Kansa Muse
- Daily Prompt: Machines | Tommia’s Tablet
- Black Cloak | Ericka Mercado
- Daily Post: Machine | Destino
- A Cooking Machine | A mom’s blog
- DP: Machines | As I See It
- Lifeless (In Haikus) | 365 days of defiance
- A Robot Helper | Flowers and Breezes
- The Transformer | Sébastien Grobelny – Photography
- Daily Prompt: February 7 | The Slow Race to the Future
- Daily Prompt: World’s Best Widget | imagination
- Oxygen | Wanderlein
- Gadget? / Daily Prompt | I’m a Writer, Yes I Am
- In Pursuit of Happiness…..(wp daily prompt) | Daily Observations
- Daily Prompt: My Amazing Table | Morrighan’s Muse
- Daily Prompt: World’s Best Widget | The Wandering Poet
- Bigger, better, faster, stronger: thank you, Surfer Rob! | Rob’s Surf Report
- World’s Best Widget | The Nameless One
- Politeness costs nothing but means everything. | Tales of a slightly stressed Mother!
- Daily Prompt: Being Inventive! | All Things Cute and Beautiful
- Daily Post: Machines | Occasional Stuff
- World’s Best Teleportation Device | U Be Cute – Follow the child inside of you…
- Daily Prompt: World’s Best Widget | Occasional Stuff
- Wanna Read .. “A Heart” | So Not Simple
- Time machine | Emotional Fitness
- Spoiler Alert: Invention of the Century Inside | meg lago
- My Pierogie Pillow
- The Miracle Laundry Dynamo! | meanderedwanderings
- Home Healing Machine | From This Viewpoint
- A Thing-a-ma-bob to Do the Job | My Author-itis
- Black Mirror | The Entire History of You | vic briggs
- Machine of dreams | Life Of A Cosmetologist!
- Daily Prompt: World’s Best Widget | A Dose of Dharma
- The Switch In My Head | Passionately Bored
- Delete Day | Buzzy Beez
- Daily Prompt: World’s Best Widget | Basically Beyond Basic
- Daily Prompt: Machine | That Montreal Girl
- Jelly Roll | gogirlgone
- Daily Prompt: World’s Best Widget | chemprofdave
- Daily prompt: Na-ah! | helen meikle’s scribblefest
- Daily Prompt: World’s Best Widget | My Dog Ate a Lightbulb
- 3D With Ease~ | It’s Just Me
- Daily Prompt: World’s Best Widget / Radio | Advocacine’s Blog
- The rise and fall of the Machines – Haiku | Lux
- The Present of Presence | Wiley’s Wisdom
- Machines | Overcoming Bloglessness
- Wait, I’ll hop over | 2 times pink
- Daily Prompt: World’s Best Widget. | Nola Roots, Texas Heart
- Machines | dandelionsinwind
- Magical Engineering – Ramblings from the Swamp
- Daily Prompt: World’s Best Widget | jane sleeps here
- Daily Prompt: World’s Best Widget | Icesabel
- Daily Prompt: World’s Best Gadget – “Music to My Ears” | A Midnight Blog
- Daily Prompt: World’s Best Widget – Yes, No, Ask Again Later | SA:ME (사메)