Who is the most important person in your life? Describe that person in as great a detail as you can muster and most importantly, tell us why you cherish this person.
Photographers, artists, poets: show us CHERISH.
My Santa says hello from my living room and is certain that he is the most important person in my life at the moment.
He might think that, but first of all I have to tear myself away from the mirror and leave I, me and myself. I cherish myself because I am me, am original, and have no copies; there is no-one else that is me. Having reached a grey-haired golden oldie age and still more or less alive and kicking, I can celebrate myself as being the most important person in my life.
This seems conceited, overdone, and self-important? I suppose it does, but in my right mind I would never expose any person I know personally in a blog to tell the world how wonderful that person is and my reasons for cherishing a person, other than myself, are mine. It may be, most probably, that person does not want to be the centre piece of one of my prize suspected winning blogs. That person may not want to be canonized, put on a pedestal and be worshipped. Not everyone wants to be the subject of a public blog.
I feel so sorry for the people in Facebook that are the centrepiece on a timeline, their character being praised as being perfect perhaps by their wife or children and all the friends and friends of friends clapping virtually with their remarks. Lucky you having such a wonderful husband/wife/father/brother/sister, with 200 likes or more in support. Probably they are bored and have nothing better to do.
So I will continue in support of myself. I can only argue with myself for printing words in support of me. I will not be compromising anyone, embarrassing anyone, just myself. You want details – no problem. I am not a bad cook, we are all still alive at home. I eat too much sweet stuff, but don’t we all? I like to have a golden oldie midday sleep after lunch, but so do many others. My felines are never hungry or thirsty and want for nothing. I like to read a good book in the evening and prefer it to watching the TV, although I do make an exception for East Enders, a BBC soap based on my roots in London. I like orchids and now have quite a collection. I never throw them away, if the leaf is still green and the roots still look healthy, then it is still alive so keep it, you never know it might grow again. My collection has expanded but I still have room on the floor beneath the glass table.
What else can I say about me? I am an Autumn person, the Winter is too cold, the Summer too hot and Spring too wet. I do not like Leonardo DiCaprio, prefer Johnny Depp, but above all like Brad Pitt: like listening to Italian singers mostly, especially Paolo Conte and Lucio Dalla. My favourite song of all time is still City of New Orleans sung by Arlo Guthrie, but have already featured that in another blog somewhere.
Enough details? I will now have another look in the mirror, an occupational hazard when being the most important person in your life.
Ok, I just do not want to be the misery guts of the Daily Prompt, so I make the most of it, although to be quite honest I enjoyed this one, probably because it was about I, me and myself.
Number One Pingbacks
- Daily Prompt: My Number One | Under the Monkey Tree
- On the Topic of Hope: Sunday, December 22, 2013 | LisaRosier.com
- If their being in your life makes your life better, they are very much VIP. | thoughtsofrkh
- That special person | Kate Murray
- One and only? No many! | Sue’s Trifles
- My Number One – the birth of my daughter | Geek Ergo Sum
- cherished treasure | peacefulblessedstar
- Pittsburgh Lesbian Correspondents
- Daily Prompt: Cherish | VNA Images
- Show Me Redundancy | The Jittery Goat
- S. Thomas Summers | Meeting the Outlaw Jesse James
- Daily Prompt: My Number One | Melissa Holden
- Christ: My All in All | meanderedwanderings
- Lazy humans, mutters the dog | We Live In A Flat
- Who is the most important person in my life!? | The Silver Leaf Journal
- The Lurker’s List | My Precious and My Number One
- A Wahine’s Love Letter | Wahine Wednesdays
- My number one. | Hope* the happy hugger
- daily prompt: my number one | aimans…..
- Daily Prompt: My Number One | Icesabel
- Before There Was You – A Mommy’s Poem | The Pinterested Parent
- My Father: The Provider | K beezy is viral
- Daily Prompt: Number One | One Starving Activist
- She’s my baby | Journey to Wholeness
- Tis You & Only You Girl | The Temenos Journal
- Daily Prompt: My Number One « Mama Bear Musings
- Bestie. | classically dysfunctional
- Cherish | Destino
- A Tribute To Mike McMichaels Michaelson | Eyes Through The Glass – A Blog About Asperger’s
- Daily Prompt: My Number One « cognitive reflection
- Daily Prompt: My Number One | Wordz on a Page
- My Family – Smart Stunning Searching
- frank | charlottesville winter
- DAILY PROMPT: MY NUMBER ONE – IN PICTURES | SERENDIPITY
- My Precious Ones | Flowers and Breezes
- Cherish | Active Army Wife
- My Number One | Nothing Worth Having Ever Comes Easy
- My Family Makes me #1 | Dreams to Reality !
- An Open Letter To ‘Him’ | Shadows Of The Divine
- My Number One | The Nameless One
- The man I love | wuthering bites
- 5-Star Book: CHEF TELL The Biography of America’s Pioneer TV Showman Chef | INTERNATIONAL AUTHOR
- Most Important Person in My Life? | I’m a Writer, Yes I Am
- Today’s Daily Prompt: Who Ranks Number One? | Not The Sword But The Pen
- Home is Where the Heart Is | Wiley’s Wisdom
- My Number One | Just for Fun Drawings
- My Only One | A mom’s blog
- Twelve Days ‘Til Christmas: On The Tenth Day | Taking One Day At A Time
- Daily Prompt: My Number One | Good Stories From Everywhere
- Young at Heart…. Slightly Older in Other Places | Get Write Down To It
- Daily Prompt: My Number One | Blame It on Em
- My number one | Asianchemnerd
- Daily Prompt: My Number One | News by Carolyn Perez
- Again, I’ve Made it About Two | My Play Nook
- C H E R I S H | the bippity boppity beautiful blog
- My Savior Isn’t Named Santa | Wise Maiden
- Most Cherished | Not the Family Business!
- Cherish life | Dhikrcave
- Daily Prompt: My Number One | The Musings of a Young Curmudgeon
- Mercy: My Number One | Alexia Jones
- The one star in my sky. | WildCinderella
- I, Me and Myself | Words ‘n Pics…
- What To Expect | Wiley’s Wisdom
- Cherish ~ Daily Prompt | joannebest
- Daily Prompt: My Number One | Proverbs 31 Teen
- Daily Prompt: Cherish | Morrighan’s Muse
- Impoverished Treasure Hunter | uiramu
- Pass The Quality Street Chocolates | Hotel Goddess
- Daily Prompt: My Number One | The Good Enough Housewife
12 thoughts on “Daily Prompt: My Number One”
Pingback: A Tribute To Mike McMichaels Michaelson | Eyes Through The Glass - A Blog About Asperger's
Of course you’re your #1, it must be for those important in your life, for your heart to be 21 even when your body might disagree but it keeps you going. I would have more than one person who is number one in my life other than myself. Some folks do misuse social sites that’s true, but a lot are part of a family. If you are accepted as a friend that makes you part too and that’s a privilege.
Very interesting post.
Hah ! You are your number one, that is amazing 🙂 I can’t say that ever because I don’t like myself. You do and you are a lucky one 🙂 Love xx
I admire you for the guts to write that you are number one in your eyes. Very nice!
Pingback: My Only One | A mom's blog
Pingback: Cherish | Kansa Muse
Just a general comment, There was no-one else to write about because I do not expose people on a public blog. For me this is a private theme and not something for the general public and there are feelings to be considered for the people involved. I was just the only one left, and I did not hurt my own feelings, it was all my own fault if I did.
Like Whitney Houston sang, “Learning To Love Yourself Is The Greatest Love Of All.” How can we expect others to love us if we don’t love ourselves?
I’m mad at you Pat. I wanted to write the same thing myself about myself but I didn’t want to sound conceited. I’m glad you were brave enough to do it! Only kidding! (OMG…did I just end a sentence with a preposition? I better scoot out of here before the grammar police attack me!)
I would have liked to have read your contribution about I, me and myself. The nice thing about prepositions in english is that they do not have to be conjugated or you have to think over what case you are using. I usually comb through my feeble blogging efforts before printing, but something always slips through. Wishing you all the best of the season.
Pingback: Daily Prompt: My Number One | Blame It on Em
Pingback: Show Me Redundancy | The Jittery Goat
Pingback: I, Me and Myself | Words 'n Pics...