You have 15 minutes to address the whole world live (on television or radio — choose your format). What would you say?
Photographers, artists, poets: show us THE BIG MOMENT.
Good evening world. You may now stop cheering and clapping. I know you have all waited for this moment in time to hear and see the person behind The Blog. Yes, somewhere in the cyber universe I found a place to be me, to impart my vast knowledge and make the world a different place. Here I am in person.
For two men dressed in gold it was their big moment when they stood in minus temperatures on the market place in the little Swiss market town of Solothurn. They did not expect fame, they just wanted to show “here we are”, they wanted to leave their mark on the world. To leave a never-to-be-forgotten effect they chose gold as their colour. Their rewards were just a few francs left in a bowl on the street.
I too never expected fame, it just arrived. My words of wisdom appearing in the Anglo-Swiss Chronicles over the past years have now been recognised and I am standing before you in flesh and blood.
(Pause for clapping and cheering)
Thankyou, thankyou. It is not an easy task to write continuously to capture the attention of a growing audience, but over the years my talent seems to have grown and adapted. I, however remain the same modest shy person I have always been. My words of wisdom are taken from the experiences of life and follow the theme of a daily prompt. I hear some people saying “not always”. I am only human and sometimes might wander off on a tangent, a mind breaking exceptionally talented tangent, composing my thoughts, rising to a higher level of perception and understanding, almost the quantum mathematics of literature.
Unfortunately my work has not yet been recognised worldwide and still remains an insiders’ tip amongst my followers and disciples on the world wide web of WordPress. There are also other places where my fingers of knowledge and invention have infiltrated, such as Facebook and Blogger, but I am still working on this and have not yet reached all the billions of Facebook members. They do not know what they are missing.
(Pause for more claps and there is a banner showing the words “Down with Facebook” accompanied by boos)
I would mention my three felines, Nera, Tabby and Fluffy, without whom I would sometimes be at a loss to impart my thoughts, my examples of Blog. They give me their constant supporting meows and scratches when I might fail to find the correct words. In this connection I would also mention Mr. Swiss, my constant support and assistant who bears with me reading my words of wisdom and sometimes daring to criticise.
I conclude this laudation of my talents, what more can I say? Are there perhaps any members of the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize committee here? If so, you know what to do to spread my words of wisdom in the world. Just an annual prize would suffice. Any financial contributions are gratefully accepted, my financial details can be found on http://www.angloswiss-donations.com. I am, of course, also available for photos showing my fans shaking my hand. Think what a wonderful souvenir it would be for your children and grandchildren, The cost of a photo is open for discussion.
Posters of myself can be found on the desks at the entrances as you leave. These are free of charge and may be hung in public places such as town halls, railway stations and universities.
(resounding applause, cheers and banners showing “Up with Angloswiss” and “Angloswiss forever”)
- Daily Prompt: Fifteen Minutes « cognitive reflection
- We Are Designed | Zakc Head
- The Most Important Fifteen Minutes of Words | The Jittery Goat
- Illusion | The Ambitious Drifter
- DP Challenge: Farming as the Last Hope « Morning Pages
- Think You’re Not Creative? Think Again. | Pairings: Art + What Goes With It
- Daily Prompt: Fifteen Minutes — A Haiku | LisaRosier.com
- A Driving System | 4 The Sensitive
- Daily Prompt: Fifteen Minutes | LADYBOY PROMPT
- Daily Prompt: Fifteen Minutes | Basically Beyond Basic
- Addressing the world: Follow my blog! | DCMontreal: Blowing the Whistle on Society
- The Lurker’s List | A Shout to the Whole World
- The Big Moment | Flowers and Breezes
- 15 Minutes to the Secrets of Life | 61 Musings
- My 15 minutes of Farm Bill Jabber | Kansa Muse
- The 15 minutes! | A Crazy Chef
- Our BIG Moment | Active Army Wife
- Fifteen Minutes (or Welcome to Utopia) | Finale to an Entrance
- Sugar’s Gift Guide… | Haiku By Ku
- Awakening the CEO…. | Life is a Vacation
- My 15 minute worldwide broadcast | TechnoTom
- Sharing the Good News of Christ | meanderedwanderings
- Daily Prompt: Fifteen Minutes | kimmiecode 🙂
- So I sent a tweet | The Land Slide Photography
- TRUTH IS ETERNAL | crookedeyebrows
- 7th December: Daily Prompt: Fifteen Minutes | Family, Photos, Food & Craft
- The Big Moment | The Nameless One
- The Archduke has his say: a Saturday Jams special report | Rob’s Surf Report
- Fifteen Minutes | Life is great
- “Become the Change….” (wp daily prompt) | Daily Observations
- SOULLESS | Hellen Masido
- “Here’s To The Crazy Ones” – Lipstick and Lithium – WP Daily Prompt
- Daily Prompt: Fifteen Minutes | I AM Essence, by DivyaLove | A Dose of Dharma
- Daily Prompt: Fifteen Minutes | Finding Life
- Dawn wakes no one twice – | The Flavored Word
- To every living being – – Daily Prompt: Fifteen Minutes | Thoughts of a wandering drunk
- Be Kind! | Reinvention of Mama
- Fifteen Minutes of Babble | Just Visiting This Planet
- Fifteen Minutes | Lead us from the Unreal to the Real
- Daily Post: Dougie Fresh, I’m On | One Starving Activist
- Studio Star | Taking One Day At A Time
- Why Not Podcasts or YouTube? (Daily Prompt: Fifteen Minutes) | Simply Silent
- Change your outlook | djgarcia94
- Ladies and gentlemen … – Joy and Woe
- ‘Nothing is true, everything is permitted’ | vic briggs
- Daily Prompt: Fifteen Minutes | A Mixed Bag
- 15 Minutes. | ♥Bob’s Magical Land Of Oz♥
- Dear World. The End.
- What’s Outside Your Window? | polymathically
- Daily Prompt: Fifteen Minutes » My Life, My Way, My Words
- Daily Prompt – Fifteen Minutes | L5GN
- Daily Prompt: Simply the Best | tnkerr-Writing Prompts and Practice
- Stop the Taboo | A Room of One’s Own
- S. Thomas Summers | Fifteen Minutes
- Fifteen Minutes: The Big Moment | My Conscious Self
- WP Daily Prompt: 15 Minutes | by LRose
- 15 minutes: wordpress daily prompt 12.7.13 | Phylor’s Blog
- Thanks, But no Thanks | 6 of One…
- Fourteen And A Half Minutes | Mountains or Molehills
- LISTEN PLEASE | Chasing A Dream
- Daily Prompt: Fifteen Minutes | Nola Roots, Texas Heart