You have a secret superpower: the ability to appear and disappear at will. When and where will you use this new superpower? Tell us a story.
Photographers, artists, poets: show us EVANESCENCE.
This superpower would be very useful when taking photos. I have a small bird house hanging on a tree in the garden and during the winter it is like the rush hour on the London Underground/Subway. The sparrows like to take up most of the space, but the blue tits are more careful and fly to the food platform, taking their seeds and afterwards flying to a branch on a tree to have their lunch. The main problem is that as soon as I open the window to take a photo the birds disappear. They probably notice the vibrations in the air and have a secret mechanism which warns them that danger might be approaching, so I have to take my super prize suspicious photos of birds usually from behind a glass window, or wait in the freezing cold for five minutes until they are fooled into believing I am no longer there. Otherwise I have to depend on a close up lens and cropping and playing with the photo in a photo programme.
I appear and disappear most of the time. It is very easy when you no longer hear so well, at least when you do not want to hear so well. Mr. Swiss often listens to his music through his “earpods” – a new word I have just found in Internet. You know those funny little things you put in each ear to listen to whatever you listen to. It seems to me that the majority of teenagers walk around in an earpoddy state of oblivion. You do not have to appear and disappear at will, just put your earpod in your ear, attach the other end to a music source and life exists on another level.
As far as Mr. Swiss is concerned he does not need a superpower, he just plugs his earpods in and no longer exists. No problem: I can then write my prize suspicious blogs and do not have to feel guilty that he is not getting my full and undivided attention, as I am not getting his either. When I really think about it, an evening with Mr. and Mrs. Swiss is no problem. We do not have to disappear, the TV might be running, Mr. Swiss is playing with his iPad checking on the latest news and I am playing with my iPad playing an unintelligent game or reading a book with my Kindle app. The only interruption is when one of my felines wants to explore the outside world and I open the window for them. They do not yet have an earpod and probably would not need one. They hear a tin opener before I even take it in my hand.
Appearing and disappearing no longer needs a superpower, Apple did it all for us and I do not mean the ones that grow on trees.
- Superpower | Sue’s Trifles
- Read at Peace | paperdollsletter
- Invisible | Bullet holes in the wall
- Pulling A Rabbit Out Of Your… | The Jittery Goat
- Invisible | Momma Said There’d Be Days Like This
- Unicorn Tales: Daily Prompt | alienorajt
- Superpower of Compassion | crookedeyebrows
- Now You See Me | Geek Ergo Sum
- Daily Prompt: Now You See Me « The Neophyte Photographer
- EVANESCENCE | Kansa Muse
- A New Day | Mine to Do Over
- Now You See Me | Flowers and Breezes
- Daily Prompt: Now You See Me | Awl and Scribe
- Evanescence | Blue Loft
- Now You See Me | I Write Therefore I Am
- ~Evanescence ~ | Dreams to Reality !
- Daily Prompt | Partial invisibility | radioactivebubblegum
- DAILY PROMPT: NOW YOU SEE ME? BET YOU DON’T! | SERENDIPITY
- The Greatest Superpower in the World! | An Upturned Soul
- Now You See Me | Finale to an Entrance
- Scary | Life is great
- Daily Prompt: I Have A Confession… | The Story of a Guy
- Daily Prompt: Appearing Act | One Starving Activist
- Double Rainbows… | Haiku By Ku
- The morning his mother died | tjbarkerseattle
- Now You See Me | The Nameless One
- Atonement | vic briggs
- E V A N E S C E N C E photograph | the bippity boppity beautiful blog
- Can Lesbians Disappear At Will?
- POOF I’M INVISIBLE | Emotional Fitness
- Daily Prompt: Evanescence..Goodbye New York. | heysugarsugar
- Hopping Madness | Rob’s Surf Report
- Mockery Of Them | The Seminary of Praying Mantis
- Poof, I’m Gone | Momma Roars
- Now you see me | Going New Places!
- Daily Prompt: Now You See Me | Elämän katupeili
- Daily Prompt: Now You See Me | Finding Life
- Daily Prompt: Now You See Me | Bite of Life
- Now you see me, now you don’t | baja querida
- Daily Prompt: Now You See Me » My Life, My Way, My Words
- Cool Weather « Clara’s Coffee Break
- Super Powers Are Super Cool | Mountains or Molehills
- Fade away | breezes at dawn
- December 3 Daily Prompt: Now You See Me | Family, Photos, Food & Craft
- The Paradox of the Time Lords | My Conscious Self
- Challenge Prompt: Now You See Me | Intimates
- Now You See Me | victor’s mind
- evanescence | draccoonian
- Daily Prompt: Now You See Me | Photos by Emilio
- The invisible shopper | 2 times pink
- Presto | Edward Hotspur
- Daily Prompt: Evanescence | Chronicles of a Public Transit User
- Daily post: Now you see me…maybe… | helen meikle’s scribblefest
- Daily Prompt: Evanescence | @ The West Gate
- Super Power | 6 of One…
- Now you see me… Now you dont | Passionate Dreaming
- shift | Questing Cwen