Do you have a tattoo? If so, what’s the story behind your ink? If you don’t have a tattoo, what might you consider getting emblazoned on you skin?
Photographers, artists, poets: show us PERMANENT.
“My angel, I love you” – no I do not think so, the problem being that you would have to carry a tattoo forever, and Mr. Swiss might start wondering who I mean. At our age you do not have tattoos, you just admire the tattoos belonging to others, or do you?
It must be around ten years ago when tattoos were in. Everyone had one. I suggested to Mr. Swiss a tattoo, with the words “Mrs. Angloswiss, Mr. Swiss forever”, in blue, surrounded by a heart in red. Somehow he did not seem to be keen on the idea. Did he no longer love me, did he have another? None of this, he just said at his age he does not go for tattoos any more, they just look stupid-.
I was really thinking about it, thought it would look good. I remember at the time that son No. 2’s girlfriend had a small tattoo; I think it was something Chinese, but can no longer remember. Before I began to search on the index in Internet for a tattoo emporium in our little market town, Mr. Swiss said “don’t think about it”. The man is a mind reader, but after 46 years of marital bliss life, I suppose he knows how my mind works. No problem, I know how his works too, so it was no surprise.
“Just a little butterfly on the right shoulder blade, or perhaps a snake curled around my upper arm. I could have your name engraved with a Swiss cross next to it” I said thinking that if it was patriotic he might agree.
I was overflowing with spectacular ideas, knowing how I would be admired, especially in summer where wearing sleeveless dresses.
“No, definitely not, It might look good now, but how will it look in ten years?” was his cool calculated answer. I always admire him for his down to earth ideas, always attempting to bring me back to reality.
I decided perhaps it would not be such a good idea and it might bring about a dysfunction in the Angloswiss household. I still somehow miss my butterfly or snake. On the other hand they are no longer fashionable and I must admit I rarely see golden oldies with a tattoo. Perhaps I might see more scars left behind after having them removed.
I must admit I had a quick glance at other entries already submitted for this prompt and this promises to be a super prompt. Everyone is proudly showing photos of their eternal skin engravings, or talking about them and I am just missing out on it. I would love to be part of the club, showing an elaborate Chinese dragon in three colours covering my back, or perhaps a surrealist illustration, something on the lines of Salvador Dali, with clocks hanging over tree branches. A skull tattoo would be impressive, on a shoulder blade, I am sure it would be the envy of all golden oldies that I know.
“Where did you get that? It is very original.”
my golden oldie colleagues would say “I want one too”. I crossed out the last sentence, as this might not be the case.
Is this risk free? With my luck I would probably have blood poisoning, or the engraver might have a shaky hand and suffer from dyslexia. I notice no-one talks about suffering when the engraving is done, but when it has to be removed, there are many negative remarks and I saw a few nasty illustrations on Internet of what could happen.
I decided to stay as I am. Smooth peachy skin with a few small blemishes caused by the aging process, but nobody is perfect. I am tattoo free and will now visit today’s daily prompt entries to see what I have missed.
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo…You? | Under the Monkey Tree
- Tattoos | Kate Murray
- Port Cullis | alienorajt
- What I Think Of Tattoos | The Jittery Goat
- Family & Faith | Active Army Wife
- My Ink, My Story | Finale to an Entrance
- Tattoo… You? | Relax
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo….You? | A Mixed Bag
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo….You? | Awl and Scribe
- My First Tattoo | Steve Boer Photography
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo….You? | Olivia May Photography
- Should you Tattoo? | It’s a wonderful F’N life
- Permenant | Momma Said There’d Be Days Like This
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo…..You? | Steve Says….
- Tattoos, A big No-No | A mom’s blog
- The Accidental Tattoo | A Buick in the Land of Lexus
- INK can’t Hide me ! | Dreams to Reality !
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo….You? | timzauto…. in search of the blond haired kid
- Daily Prompt:Tatto…..You? | Motherhood and Beyond
- Tattoo — You? | Flowers and Breezes
- Daily Prompt: Proudly Inked | One Starving Activist
- A tattoo! Or two…or three… | wordsandotherthings
- Tattoo. | Bullet holes in the wall
- Tattoo… Me! | Daily Prompt: Tattoo….You? | Ireland, Multiple Sclerosis & Me
- Body and Soul: of mundane miracles and secular sacraments | Muddy River Muse
- Tattoos….You? That is the question. | Kansa Muse
- Tatted Up! | meanderedwanderings
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo….You? | Everyday Adventures
- Who Needs a Tattoo? I’ve Got A Blog!
- Sunday Confessions | Cheri Speak
- Kissing the sky. | Inside of love
- To Be Continued… | Charron’s Chatter
- The tattoo that I have, and the ones I want | And I write
- Tattoos | Mountains or Molehills
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo’s the Diverse Art | Bowl of Rice
- Ink’d | A Room of One’s Own
- A Mark For Life | annezheng
- On Tattoos | Not the Family Business!
- Tattoo? – One Day | My Play Nook
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo….You? | Basically Beyond Basic
- How and Why I Decided To Get Inked | noinpart
- Skin Deep | All work and quite a lot of play
- Tattoo….You? | The Nameless One
- Permanent ink. | Simple Heart Girl
- DAILY PROMPT: TATTOO — ME! PHOENIX RISING! | SERENDIPITY
- Tattooed Memories… | Haiku By Ku
- Daily Prompt: Love Never Lasting | Morrighan’s Muse
- The Lover’s Kiss | unaware but underlined
- Impermanence | vic briggs
- The Boob Report – Tits for Tats | Susie Lindau’s Wild Ride
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo…You? | Poetry
- Tattoo….You? | Trina’s North Germany
- Get your tattoo here | tjbarkerseattle
- My Forest | unaware but underlined
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo….You? | Red Herrings
- Tattoo | Lori’s Life and Other Stuff
- To Tattoo or Not to Tattoo?…..(wp daily prompt) | Daily Observations
- Sword – The Tatoo | Thoughts
- My Tattoo Changed My Life | Notes by Natalie
- Permanent PROOF | unaware but underlined
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo……You? | Sorrowful Decay
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo…. You? | SIM | ANTICS
- Tattoos. Body Art or Body Damage? | Mr. Johnson’s Blog
- Tattoo or not tattoo? | Tales of a slightly stressed Mother!
- Mince and tatties | Land of Dope and Tories
- 1.12 Daily Prompt: Tattoo….You? | Family, Photos, Food & Craft
- Tattoo…You? | My Conscious Self
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo You? | BulgingButtons
- Tons Of Little Tattoos, BIG Meanings | unaware but underlined
- Time for a – Tattoo? Who? Me? | Words ‘n Pics
- You Have a Tattoo? « disappearinginplainsight
- Daily Prompt – Tattoo…You? | The Wittering Wallflower
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo You | An almanac for concerned citizens and boysenberry jam fans
- Permanent | The Magic Black Book
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo….You | Off The Beaten Path (Being Silly in the City)
- If I Chose Tattoes | mycookinglifebypatty
- Gilded Warrior
- Daily Post: Tattoo | Mac’s Blog
- Tattoo! | MissEmilyMarie23
- Never | Life is great
- Prompt: Tattoo | E aos 30…
- Why the random posts | Jarime’s Blog
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo….You? | jane sleeps here
- Daily Prompt : Tattoo …. Me? | LoudThoughtsVoicedOut
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo…You? It’s in the Stars. | Mommy Problems
- An Unfading Commitment | .:Lani’s Summer in Rain
- Inked Up: Passion, not Profession | Blagoevgrad Narrates
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo….You? | White Girl In A Dupatta
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo….You?, Or: Blank Skin, Too Many Choices! | polymathically
- The Permanent To-Do-List | Holoholo Girls
- Daily Prompt: Taurus Tattoo
- “The Daily Prompt | Tattoo…You”, Or Rosie has a change of opinion on the subject of ink | Rosie Writes…
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo….You? | GG’s World
- Inked. | FadingSunlight
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo….You? | The Blogging Path
- Imprinted. | kazenomachihe
- The Art of Choosing Ink | The Silver Leaf Journal
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo….You? | Hear Em Rant Oft
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo….You? | jennsmidlifecrisis
- Memories Made of Ink and Skin | So This Is Writing?
- Tangled Branches | loveletterstoaghost
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo….You? | adorablyobnoxious
- Tattoo… You? | my random kind of life
- Daily post: Who, me? Yep | helen meikle’s scribblefest
- My would be tattoo | Kawanee’s Korner
- Tattoo (Today’s Daily Prompt) | Walking the Widow’s Path
- Defined in Ink | A.C. Melody
- Strength | Daily Prompt | Word Disorder
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo….. You? « J Elyzabeth’s Blog
- Meaning in Ink | Write here, Joel.
- Tattoo unites a departed family | Outreach
- Thoughts of a Tattoo | A Weary Mind
- Permanent | Andy’s Thinktank
- Daily Prompt: Tattoo….You? | Nola Roots, Texas Heart
- In light of earlier tattoo talk | HERESY, ECSTASY, AUGUSTASY
- The Girl With The Horsey Tattoo – Lipstick and Lithium