Tell us about a habit you’d like to break. Is there any way it can play a positive role in your life?
Photographers, artists, poets: show us BROKEN.
Where shall we start? One of the habits I have at the moment arrives in the evening. Our twilight zone scenes of sundown are habit forming if you enjoy taking photos. Yesterday it happened when I was getting ready to eat a cheese tart fresh from the oven accompanied by a plate of minestrone soup. I was just about to raise the first spoon full of soup to my lips and someone said (Mr. Swiss?), look at that beautiful sky. Soup and cheese tart forgotten, a grab for the super Nikon DSLR camera and I was wading amongst weeds, damp earth and grass to arrive at the place outside near the garden to catch the last sun rays. I naturally took more photos when I was there and this is one of the last as the sun was almost disappearing. The tower in the distance is the St Urs Cathedral of our local town, framed with various bushes and trees from the local surroundings. Luckily my soup and cheese tart were still warm when I eventually returned to the table: the trials of a photographer trying for a Pulitzer prize (have I said that before?).
Habits are many, but I have conquered them all. I stopped smoking (a packet a day) about fifteen years ago, I stopped biting my finger nails a long while ago, although I shifted towards the skin surrounding the nail. Even that has almost been conquered because …. I am too busy writing and composing works of literature for my daily prompt. I have followers, disciples, views to maintain and entertain. Imagine the disappointed like clicking fingers when my contribution would be missing: Even the WordPress people might miss me. It is now almost a year and I have done it every day, although I do have another life.
As I sit in the kitchen typing this pièce de résistance, I look through the window to the garden, noticing there are a few yellowing leaves and remnants of the summer to be cleared away. I am thinking of the pizza I will compose for the evening meal and of a photo challenge I have to complete in blogger returning my thoughts to the computer. I have, however, decided I do not want to break this habit. It is harmless, takes an hour of my time during the day and fills in a few minutes when I view the other contributions.
Actually I would have been in England over the past week to visit my father, but things have taken a negative turn with him and he now needs care. The wheels of care turn slowly in England, if at all, and I am only prepared to go when I can do something. His neighbour is leaving and he no longer has someone near to see to his needs. In the meanwhile this is being organised, although I am now onto finding a safe place for him to live, be it a home or sheltered accommodation. This means I will be here for some time until something happens and then suddenly I will be gone for a week or so.
Back to the habits I should break. I broke the Facebook habit about a year ago, when I stopped gaming and building cafés and farms which do not exist. WordPress pointed me in the direction of making my own site in Facebook and that is where you will find me. This is also now a habit, cross posting my brilliant blogs into this new site. Facebook is now only there for this or for saying happy birthday to a few colleagues. All the “I love my mother and father, cat and dog stuff” I have left behind me. I even noticed today that someone is telling everyone her dresses have arrived, or that someone has decided to ignore their partner, huh?
I can honestly say all the habits that remain I enjoy and do not want to break them. Perhaps cooking for the family is a habit, but they all seem to depend on food, and we cannot afford to engage a cook.
- Broken – I doubt before I believe | Now Have At It!
- The Needle Meeting | The Magic Black Book
- On Waiting…Again… | soletusknow
- Abusive relationships | alienorajt
- Pumpkins Gone Bad | It’s a wonderful F’N life
- Breaking The Daily Prompt Habit | The Jittery Goat
- S. Thomas Summers | Daily Prompt: Breakdown (Things I’ve Failed to Notice #1)
- Daily Prompt Challenge ~ “Broken” | soletusknow
- Chatter – The story of two sides | Neva Samaki
- Breakdown | Life Confusions
- Daily post: Habits? What habits? | helen meikle’s scribblefest
- Waiting to break | crookedeyebrows
- That Breakdown | The Magic Black Book
- Beautifully Broken and all the things in between… | Passionate Dreaming
- Daily Prompt: Breakdown | Awl and Scribe
- Not Enough Sleep | Flowers and Breezes
- Favorite Habit | Lost in Adeline’s
- Breakdown- More Pop Culture References | Blue Loft
- Bad habits? Got em. Do they matter? Not so sure. | RPMAS
- Daily Prompt: Breakdown | Crow Arrow, Inc.
- Raccoons! | Haiku By Ku
- Daily Prompt: Hard Habit to Break | My Atheist Blog
- Rushing | maunderingsofaninja
- Broken | Better Than Reality
- Why fix what ain’t broke? | Liquorstore Bear
- Daily Prompt: Breakdown – BROKEN | Ord i Bild
- Daily Prompt: Breakdown | Thirty, Start, Go!
- #firstworldproblems: Crappy Shows and Inner Conflict | The Otter in my Jotter
- Daily Prompt: Break The Bad Habits | DeafGuy Blog
- Daily Prompt: OLD, BROKEN BUT NOT FORGOT | SERENDIPITY
- Breaking the Habit(s) | The life of T
- Funny you should ask. « Welcome to Forgotonia
- My Need For Clean Denied | momasteblog
- Breaking The Habit | The Nameless One
- Broken | nanopod: hybrid studio
- For the “broken” « Subh Dasgupta’s Blog
- The 3 stages | A mom’s blog
- Procrastination – A bad Habit | Indira’s Blog
- My Circle of Comfort | Wiley’s Wisdom
- Daily Prompt: Breakdown | Mending | Silver Wonderland
- Daily Prompt: Breakdown | Steve Says….
- Breaking Down Old Habits | The Bottom of a Bottle
- Poetry: Procrastination Broken Poem | Wise Counsel
- Discards | CurTales
- Too Much Smoke Will Kill You | Just Visiting This Planet
- Hard Habit To Break | Bright Tuesday
- Procrastination | djgarcia94
- Someday Somewhere | The Mockingbird in Me
- Life as a country bumpkin…not a city girl
- Habit breaking | Life as a country bumpkin…not a city girl
- Trick or Treat | Wiley’s Wisdom
- Broken, … or Declaring a Breakdown? | No Pension, Will Travel
- Impact | Muddy River Muse
- Daily Prompt: Breakdown | GG’s World
- Daily Prompt: Breakdown « The Blogging Path
- Breakdown: Broken Down | Khana’s Web