Tell us about the blog post you were most nervous to publish — and what it was like to set it free.
Photographers, artists, poets: show us FREE.
We have a stork colony in the village of Altreu, just along the River Aar, about 5-10 minutes’ drive from where I live. When it was founded the idea was that the storks were kept in a special place where they could nest and be visited. Today you have to search for the storks. A few years ago it was decided to set them free, let them nest where they want to, although a careful eye is kept on them, especially when the chicks are born. The result of the freedom is that they now nest on the roofs of the surrounding houses, or we often see them perched on a tall lamp post near where I live: the wonders of nature.
Otherwise as far as the theme of this blog is concerned, if I were nervous to publish a blog I just would not write it in the first place. Quite easy really: I always have a feeling of satisfaction, sometimes relief, when I have actually written and completed a blog containing my wise words. The nervous part arrives afterwards as I wait for the mail in my box telling me that I have won a prize for my writing, whether it is Pulitzer, Nobel or Booker. Just a little mention on an obscure web site does the job. I am not ambitious.
I never think of my wonderful first class blogs being prisoners, they are the fruits of my livid imagination, my creativity and I just love playing with my computer. I am not known for being shy or modest. I can even be somewhat loud and outspoken. One of the advantages of being a golden oldie is that you do not have so much to lose any more, so what is the point of hiding it all in a “save under” corner of the computer. It would only be forgotten and when the day arrives when your computer is dying, you save what you can and forget the lost drafts of your ingenious ideas filed away never to be seen again.
If you think about it, write it, then print it for goodness sake. If Charles Dickens and the Bronte sisters (for example) had thrown their ideas away we would never have met Mr. Micawber of David Copperfield or the Pickwick Papers personalities, not to mention Jane Eyre or Heathcliff (and if you have never met these characters, then look it up in Wikipedia). On the other hand if you have never heard of Christian Grey (who??) and Anastasia Steel (another who??) that is not so tragic. 50 Shades of Grey is usually read hidden in between other book covers to disguise the actual book you are reading (quite understandably – I am talking about literature and would not dare to mention the name E.L.James in this context).
So here is another blog masterpiece which I was not nervous about publishing, after all it might be a success. You said something Mr. Swiss? You think I am overdoing it again.
“Yes Nera feline”
“We felines do not want to be set free, in case you start thinking about it. There are no tuna fish tins in the open country, and you can only have a square meal if you catch it first of all. Sleeping on grass, or under a tree can become dodgy, should there be a canine or another feline near bye wanting a territorial fight.”
“No problem, Nera. You place is reserved at home, although you can come and go as you please, but as long as there is a cat flap …..”
And Nera curled up and fell into a satisfied sleep on her favourite cushion.
- Daily Prompt: Release me – Out with the old, in with the new | littlegirlstory
- Daily Propmt: Release Me | Under the Monkey Tree
- Daily Prompt: Release Me | Awl and Scribe
- Daily Prompt: Release Me | Chicomallorca’s Blog
- The Funny Song | JC Bride ~
- ••Set !t Free•• | mët•aRVhëë•n✪ia
- Daily Prompt: Release Me #photography | ThisCornerOfTheWoods
- Nervous nah, not me | RPMAS
- Daily Prompt: Release Me | A Mixed Bag
- Irish skies|Daily Prompt: Release Me « Ireland, Multiple Sclerosis and Me
- Free Indeed | Prayers and Promises
- Blogging Is Freedom | The Ambitious Drifter
- Release Me | Life Confusions
- Please release me | Neva Samaki
- Sex or Lance-a-Lot?! | alienorajt
- S. Thomas Summers | Daily Prompt: Release Me
- Crow Arrow, Inc.
- Thank you everyone for the love and support | Processing the life
- A Soul’s Plight |
- Daily Prompt: Release me | Motherhood and Beyond
- Daily Prompt: RELEASE ME? FEAR THEN NOTHING MUCH | SERENDIPITY
- I Want To Break Free: Daily Post | Just Visiting This Planet
- To All Bloggers And Writers: When It Comes To Writing, Regret (Yes) Fret (No) | The Jittery Goat
- Nervous | Hope* the happy hugger
- Daily Prompt: Release Me | Moments Thru Lens
- The Fear of the Blog | readingwithafeather
- Freedom, Baby yeah…! | The Rider
- Prompt Post | Completely Disappear
- Mystery story | Life is great
- Free | The Magic Black Book
- check yourself before you wreck yourself | The Gallas Daily News
- Daily Prompt, Release me (http://dailypost.wordpress.com/2013/10/20/daily-prompt-free/) | … Lara Klopp … Variegated Musings …
- My.Vivid.Visions | Daily Prompt: Release Me – Annoying Marriage Discussions
- The Unknown | Flowers and Breezes
- I am Free | ayimas
- Daily Prompt: Release Me « Mama Bear Musings
- Be Afraid Be Very Afraid-It could come back to bite | Kansa Muse
- Putting words to your thought | crookedeyebrows
- Daily Prompt: Release Me | a thotful spot
- Release Me: Letting Go and Moving On | Hey, Miss Adventures!
- Daily prompt: Release Me: An Expereience Worth Sharing | storyofmylife1993
- And the Journey Begins; India | Broken Light: A Photography Collective
- The sound of release | Mirrorgirl
- Setting The Donkey Free | Fish Of Gold
- If I had a time machine or woulda, coulda, shoulda | The Road Less Paved
- Release Me | Kate Murray
- Daily Prompt: Release Me | Charron’s Chatter
- The Artist’s Job | Babsje Heron
- Release Me | Zirkus des Lebens
- Run, RUN! The Cheesy-ness will kill us all! | The Moonshaker
- Bringing A Long Held Goal to Light | mycookinglifebypatty
- Daily prompt: release me | La chica de la burbuja
- “I say release me…” | Life as a country bumpkin…not a city girl
- Standing In My Way | Apologies and Honesty
- DP: Release Me. « Restawyle
- Daily Prompt: Release Me | The RadiantMedina and the Author of Sheep
- Daily Prompt: Release Me (Shyness) | DeafGuy Blog
- Don’t Believe Everything You Think | True Stories
- Daily Prompt: Release Me | Basically Beyond Basic
- Daily Prompt: Release Me | Such Promise (Carabela Santa Maria Robusto) « Smoking Jacket
- A Different Kind of Letting Go | Love in the Spaces
- No Backspace Button | Wiley’s Wisdom
- Daily Prompt Challenge ~ “Free” | soletusknow
- Weekly Photo Challenge – The Hue of You (With abject apologies to poets everywhere and a bit about the daily prompt below) | Points of View
- Daily Prompt: Release Me | Wordz on a Page
- Book Review: Who I Am by Pete Townshend | Required Writing
- Finding My Release | submissivelysecret
- Daily Prompt: Release Me | My Atheist Blog
- Release Me | The Nameless One
- Daily Prompt: Release Me « life n me!
- Daily Prompt: Release Me ROLLING IN THE DEEP 1-4 | Phoenix Flights
- FREE | Ord i Bild
- Daily Prompt: Release Me | Anniemation Floe
- DP: Release Me | The Deepwater Goldfish
- Freedom in hitting “Publish” | My Weary Heart
- there is unchartered | y