October 16th is officially declared “Person X Day” — and you get to pick Person X. Tell us about someone who deserves to be commemorated.
Photographers, artists, poets: show us HONOR.
What a choice. Do I choose my mother, my father, my Mr. Swiss, my cats? I suppose that would be the idea, someone that has formed you, looked after you, and made you what you are today. That would of course be honorific and the good thing to do, but how to choose; a difficult choice and perhaps a selfish choice. We have many unsung heroes on this planet.
There are the people working for the benefit for others. Nurses, doctors, people taking care of the elderly. We have our soldiers, sailors, airmen, protecting your country. Who am I to say whether they deserve this day or whether their work is to be honoured. Most countries seem to have their tomb of the unknown soldier, day of commeration for a war once fought. We feel reassured doing this for the unknown heroes, but who to choose.
We all have our ideas of picking a Person X to honour: a person that has offered himself for the benefit of mankind. This is wrong, something is not right here. I just cannot choose. I have a feeling that I am not worthy of choosing anyone.
Every morning I awake and am thankful to be in a place where I do not have to fear to starve, to send my children out begging for money or food for survival. Oh it is so comfortable to be able to plan a day in a civilisation where you are allowed to work, to have the gift of free speech, to be able to vote for your government and to protest.
So, sorry to disappoint, but I am not choosing anyone or anything to honour. I am just happy be able to admire a clear sky, nature’s work if you want. There are so many reasons to take this for granted, but nature has a tough job today. She is fighting to keep a balance, to keep her place in the world. Sometimes I wonder if civilisation on the earth will come to an end because the sun extinguishes one day in the millionth year future, or whether we will do it all by ourself.
I am not a green peace person. I do not even like them or sympathise with the. I find they are a meddling group convinced that they are the answer to all: an army of do gooders forcing their own ideas on others in a warlike similar way. Of course it is nice to save the world and protect it, but no-one is perfect.
So now to get off my soap box; who am I to dictate who is to be celebrated and honoured? We all have our own ideas of heroes. When I have finished this blog for today I will call my 98 year old father in England to see how he is doing. Just a man that fought in a war for his country, not because he wanted to, but he had no choice. His country was being attacked so he had to, just a man that worked in a factory until he retired earning money to keep his family. My mother died many years ago, the lady that sent me to school to make sure I was educated, the lady that washed me and did her best to keep me on the straight path. You know the lady that changed my nappies/diapers and did not ask for a wage. We all know them, known as parents. No I am not dedicating a X day for this, I am also a parent but like my mother and father do not expect a letter of thanks. That is the life I have been privileged to lead.
- Daily Prompt: Honorific | Under the Monkey Tree
- Daily Prompt: Honorific | Shine Bright
- Honorific | JC Bride ~
- Daily Prompt: Honorific | મન ની વાત
- Michelle W. Is A Genius. | The Jittery Goat
- WordPress Family Award | I’m just Super Saiyan
- Daily Prompt: Honorific | Being a Huntress
- Honorific – David Attenborough Day | Geek Ergo Sum
- in honour of my late nana | wannabepoet
- I love my grandfather. | luvsiesous
- Daily Prompt: Honorific | Awl and Scribe
- Off Target on Poppy Selling | DCMontreal: Blowing the Whistle on Society
- Everyone deserves to be honored | Motherhood and Beyond
- Persons X | Hope* the happy hugger
- 199. A Day for Her | Barely Right of Center
- In Honour | Dear Yolandi
- Person X Day | Kansa Muse on Micro Farming and More
- Today We Celebrate Person Xmas Day! | Rob’s Surf Report
- The kids are alright | The verbal hedge
- Pawesome Mama! | Haiku By Ku
- The Unknown Blogger | Blognovic’s Weblog
- “Honorific” | Relax
- The Beautiful Face Of Breast Cancer | scribbleglitch
- Honorific | ashwitaashok
- Memories of the Sweet-Seller | Processing the life
- Daily Prompt: Honorific | Completely Disappear
- Daily Prompt: Honorific | Ruminations from an Introvert
- Nisargidatta Maharaj | Spirit Lights The Way
- My First Boyfriend | alienorajt
- honorific | hitting a brick wall
- Daily Prompt: Honorific | My Atheist Blog
- I present to you | The Land Slide Photography
- Honorific | Lost in Adeline’s
- ALL ARE HEROES | Emotional Fitness
- Words, Meaning and Alchemy…(wp daily prompt) | Daily Observations
- Honorific | The Nameless One
- Honor: Individuality and Chocolate Caramels because they are both the prize of the box! | jennifermarshcurtis
- No saint I am poor | crookedeyebrows
- With Cream and Sugar
- Remembering Jinnah | Flowers and Breezes
- My own person | 365 wings of hope
- Walt Disney created my dream girl | Le Drake Noir
- Person of Indeterminate Gender I Saw Dumpster Diving This Afternoon Day | On Gorgeousness
- Daily prompt: Honorific | ferwam
- My top five things about my big sister… | My Top Fives…
- Daily Prompt: Honorific | FILIPINOS | Silver Wonderland
- Daily Prompt: Honorific | Ty
- Daily Prompt – Today I Honour… | My Gap Year Adventure
- Daily Post: Mom-Mom Daisy is the most Mom-tastic | One Starving Activist
- Daily Prompt: Honor | Chronicles of a Public Transit User
- Daily post: Happy birthday! | helen meikle’s scribblefest
- Honorific: To The Courage of My Newborn Granddaughter | mother of nine9
- Daily Prompt: Honor Brave Malala | Overcoming Bloglessness
- a class act | Musings of a Random Mind
- A Day of You | Wiley’s Wisdom
- Person XL | Aurora Morealist
- W-P Daily Prompt for 10/16/2013: Caregivers Deserve Commemoration | CAROLYN’S COMPOSITIONS