Our blogs morph over time, as interests shift and life happens. Write a post for your blog — but three years in the future.
Photographers, artists, poets: show us LIFE.
After three years my orchid is flowering again. Of course, no surprise, I remember when I bought it as a special offer. I found one orchid alone is no big deal, so I bought some more. There were five at the time, all nicely sitting on a table in front of the window. Since I built the greenhouse to replace half of the porch, things have exploded. Mr. Swiss always said I tend to overdo things, five orchids would have been enough for the normal person, but one hundred is a little too much. I think the problem is that I tend to talk to them now and again, just to encourage their growth. The older I get the more conversations I hold with them.
WordPress are still supplying my daily prompt, although they wrote to say the words “Pulitzer”, “Nobel” and “Booker” combined with “prize” are now a no go and becoming monotonous. If I have not received the prize yet, I never will. I should write about something else (perhaps my orchids?).
As you notice, my blogs can be quite short sometimes. Not that I am running out of things to say. As long as you have three felines that seem to think they are the Ying and Yang of life, there is always something to write. Unfortunately my fingers no longer type as well as they did and my ideas are diminishing. They do say that all cells are replaceable in the human body, only the little grey ones in the brain die forever.
After spending three months in prison for displaying photos on my blog of the local police station, local government building and some politicians, I had a little trouble. Mr. Swiss always said I am cutting it to a fine edge with my photography. Just because I have a camera with close-up lens, it does not mean that I can take photos of everywhere and everything. He said this was the photo that did it.
It was just a view of my bank, from inside, taken from the balcony with fantastic black and white complememts: a work of art, but the police did not look at it that way. It seems photos of banks can be useful information to a certain type of person. Was it my fault that the bank was robbed three weeks after the photo appeared?
I am still blogging away, no problem.
My followers in blogging land are diminishing. Do I no longer have the magnetizing gifts of absorbing new disciples? Are my blogs no longer as magical and fascinating as they were, or are we all becoming older? The days of the golden oldies have been replaced by the grufties the fossils, we fall asleep reading the blogs and forget after five minutes what was written.
I heard there is a new blog site called “Senior Stargazers”. I think I will join. They have a weekly prompt and you get a gratis obituary blog should you no longer be amongst the active members.
Ebbing and Flowing Pingbacks
- Life | The Magic Black Book
- Daily Prompt: Ebb and Flow 28|9 | Family, Photos, Food & Craft
- Ebb and Flow | Kate Murray
- So little time. | Crossroads
- Shit and Life Happens | Lost in Adeline’s
- Life | Mara Eastern’s Personal Blog
- Beachcombing | The Ambitious Drifter
- “Ebb and Flow” | Relax
- Daily Prompt: Ebb and Flow | Chicomallorca’s Blog
- Daily Prompt: Ebb and Flow: Ramblings
- Life. Saturated. | We Live In A Flat
- A Daily Prompt Poem: Life « Vicariously Poetic
- 2016 – The Way We Is | The Jittery Goat
- Daily Prompt: Ebb and Flow | A Mixed Bag
- I’m afraid of the future | Phelio a Random Post a Day
- Barely Right of Center
- Bella natura | Neva Samaki
- Proceed with caution, Future Ahead! | Life Confusions
- Summer is Over | A New Day
- Three Year Foreshadowing? | Sogna Grandezza
- September 28, 2016 | JC Bride ~
- The looming extinction event | Rob’s Surf Report
- Daily Prompt: Ebb and Flow | lifebeinggirly
- In the Year 2525 . . . Or, How About 2016 | meanderedwanderings
- Oh how time has flown by… | It’s a Fine Line
- Oh well.. | The Otter in my Jotter
- Fast Forward >> 3 years later | Wanny’s Blog
- Daily Prompt: Ebb and Flow #amwriting | Of Glass & Paper
- Daily Prompt: September 28, 2016 | Not The Sword But The Pen
- Dear Daily Prompt: My Blog 3 years in the future. « RPMAS
- Daily Prompt: Ebb and Flow | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Learning In Life Goes On | Flowers and Breezes
- Twenty-seven year bore | shame
- Why was I so afraid? | alienorajt
- Daily Prompt:Ebb and Flow:The Spirit of a Bookworm | Musings…
- Daily Prompt: Ebb and Flow | My Atheist Blog
- The sun still rises, but no electric Shakespeare yet. | Hippie Cahier
- Sober Head Full of Confusion | Here’s My Heart & Here’s My Mouth
- Time After Time | cagedbutterfly1
- Daily Prompt: Ebb and Flow | Travel blog | reyoflight
- Deciduous | Sue’s Trifles
- Guest Blogger: Nylablue! | Haiku By Ku
- The Lurker’s List | Raise Our Hopes and Hope Some More
- Daily Prompt: Ebb and Flow | Moments Thru Lens
- Life…(wp daily prompt) | Daily Observations
- Daily Prompt: Ebb and Flow – NIGHT LIFE! | SERENDIPITY
- Blink and its 2016 | I Didn’t Just Wake Up This Morning with a Craving
- One Starving Activist
- Shrooms of Wisdom – Ebb and Flow | An Upturned Soul
- Blog’s Birthday | Life is great
- Committed Bloggers | crookedeyebrows
- Transience | theincompetenthausfrau
- Shadows | Barefoot on Rainy Days
- Another round for you… | notsinglebutnothappy
- Dear Future Me | Wiley’s Wisdom
- The Sandbox « Think Shirley.
- I Assure You | A Day in the Life
- Flashback from the future | Madhura’s Musings
- Graduation is Tomorrow! | djgarcia94
- Daily Prompt: Ebb and Flow | Vagabond
- All Along The Meander | MonumentaLapse
- Life is swell…… | Life through a Lens
- Paddle Boarding at Oscar Scherer | Spirit Lights The Way
- Did you graduate from our college? | Expressions
- Three Years From Now – My book tour! | Reinvention of Mama
- Ebb and Flow | Artifacts and Fictions
- Burgeon | scribbleglitch
- I’m sorry | Life is great
- Ahead | marsowords
- Soul tears… | To the future from the past
- Homestead 101 in 2016 | Kansa Muse on Micro Farming and More
- transmutation | Her Broken Nibs
- Worth The Wait | Wiley’s Wisdom
- Life | Better Than Reality
- The Blog of the Future! | Okay, what if ?
- Daily Prompt: Ebb and Flow | BulgingButtons
- i love you in controlled | y
- Ebb and Flow | escape&spill
- Daily Prompt: Ebb and Flow | life n me!