Am I the only ignorent golden oldie that did not understand the meaning of this prompt without having a quick look at the immortal Wikipedia.?
Write a post about anything you’d like, but be sure to include this sentence somewhere in the final paragraph:
“He tried to hit me with a forklift!”
Photographers, artists, poets: show us a NON SEQUITUR.
It was one of those skiddy, cold, icy days in Winter and my luck was that I had to make a trip to the local supermarket. The place was packed with shoppers buying everything to make sure they did not suffer a hunger death over the Christmas holidays.
There I was minding my own business, waiting in the line of cars and watching for a gap between the parking spaces, especially designed for my car. Stopping and starting was not ideal on a snowy surface and in between the maintenance men were clearing the surfaces of ice on the paths between the parked cars.
The car in front moved at last and I was hard on its tail, foot on the gas and foot on the break and then it happened
. A row of parked cars on the left and someone tapped on my left window. My eyes were on the front of the line not on the side, but I sank the window and looked. He was not exactly Brad Pitt, more a lookalike Arnold Schwarzenegger with the muscles in other places. I decided to play it cool.
“Can I help you” I asked, with still one eye on the stop-go queue of cars in front.
“You made a scratch on my car.”
“I did what?????”
“There, look, a deep metal scratch on my nice blue car.”
“But your car is parked on the left side, I am in a moving queue (at least it was trying to move) it is not possible.”
“Come and look.”
I took a chance and climbed out of my stagnant car, hoping the queue would remain stagnant and took a look. Yes there was a deep scratch on the boot of the car, but I am sure it was already there. I had felt no vibrations on the side of my car or hear the metallic scratching sound of a permanent damage.
“I can see the scratch sir, but I am innocent. There is a sign of rust at the end of the scratch, proving it was made some time ago.”
“Are you accusing me of lying. You made that scratch.”
Mr. Muscle man now stretched himself to his full height and clenched a fist.
“Can I help you Miss” and I heard a voice, a rescue anchor in what was bordering on a criminal assault.
“This man said I made a scratch on his car, but I was nowhere near the car.”
“I was in the queue behind you, which has now moved on, and I do not intend to spend the next hour discussing an alledged car accident. The lady is right, I was watching her all the time, she was nowhere near your car.”
“Who says so?” said the Arnold Schwarzenegger lookalike.
“I do. Officer Sipowicz of the New York Police Department.”
I think Arnold was a little taken aback. He remained speechless. It was then his eyes roamed to a lonely forklift ready to shift the snow mass, but not yet used. He jumped into the seat switched the motor on and tried to hit me with the fork lift.The police officer drew his gun and fired a shot. It hit the tire and the forklift stalled in its track. Officer Sipowicz jumped onto Arnold Schwarzenegger, applied his handcuffs to his wrists and phoned the police department. I had helped the police to catch Crafty Jumbo, they had been searching for him for some time. I was not the only innocent lady he had accused. We were many. The next step would have been that I pay for the damages as many other innocent car drivers. All of them his victims. I thanked officer Sipowicz (now where had I heard that name before), jumped into my car and drove into the next available parking space. In the meanwhile there were at least twenty annoyed drivers behind my car. Due to this problem I had caused a hold up. This was very embarrassing.
Non Sequitur Pingbacks
- Non Sequitur | The Magic Black Book
- Non Sequitur | Mara Eastern’s Personal Blog
- Great Blue Heron (Daily Prompt: Non-sequitur) | photo potpourri
- Go Ask Alice | Just Visiting This Planet
- Button Factory | Motherhood and Beyond
- Rampant Hedgehogs! | alienorajt
- Go Ask Alice | Just Visiting This Planet
- Romantically Desperate ! | Life Confusions
- What the Forklift? | Phelio a Random Post a Day
- What The Fork! | Crossroads
- Men Swear | Rebekkah Mee
- Non-sequitur | As I See It
- Organized Labor Rage (short fiction) | The Jittery Goat
- Non Sequitur | The verbal hedge
- Non Sequitur – The Unfollower. | The Ambitious Drifter
- Non Sequitur | Kansa Muse on Micro Farming and More
- Forking Hell! | The life of T
- Of Mutants and Robots | JC Bride ~
- Psychology or psychopathic? | Inside of love
- Well Past Midnight | crookedeyebrows
- Road kill | dawnyhosking
- A Quiet Day in the Country | The Silver Leaf Journal
- What Kind of Underwear Does Your Character Wear? [Standing Stone] « RPMAS
- Are you ready? | Nerdy Woman
- Non Sequitur, Nonet | Danny James
- Daily Prompt: Fork Me!!! | Iam Who Iam
- A love affair I have every Autumn. | ExLibrisMachina
- One Last Burst of Summer Color | It’s a wonderful F’N life
- Getting Ready | Flowers and Breezes
- Non Sequitur | The Nameless One
- Do I even exist? | The Otter in my Jotter
- Plans Non Sequitur? Just make it work, okay? | lifebeinggirly
- Daily Prompt: Non Sequitur | bloobloons
- “How to write better” | SueAnn Porter
- Dummies, Forklifts, and the Meaning of Life | Conversations
- Are You Doing IT Right? | Spirit Lights The Way
- Stop the presses! (fiction) | Life is great
- Matt Mitrione: A UFC Non Sequitur Poem | Sogna Grandezza
- Daily Prompt: Non Sequitur « Mama Bear Musings
- Really make sense to you, do I? | Rob’s Surf Report
- Daily Prompt: Non Sequitur | A Mixed Bag
- THE LEGO NIGHTMARE AND BEAUTY | Standing Ovation, Seated
- Down By the River | Winding Road
- S. Thomas Summers | Daily Prompt: Non Sequitur
- “Non Sequitur” | Relax
- Non sequitur | Sue’s Trifles
- Daily Prompt: Non Sequitur | Vagabond
- Owning the Pronoun, Means Owning the Love (Daily Prompt: Non Sequitur) | Running with Reality
- Parlez-Vous Forklift? | Molly Greye
- Quelling Anger | A mom’s blog
- Duncan the Sushi Roll #14 | Neva Samaki
- One Starving Activist
- Non Sequitur in Kyoto | Travel with Intent
- Daily Prompt; Non Sequitur | terry1954
- the DAILY PROMPT | Mary and Lamb | the TRASH BASH
- Daily Prompt: Non Sequitur | Family, Photos, Food & Craft
- Daily Prompt: From Non Sequitur to Forklift | littlegirlstory
- Helping spread my love for music. | Restive Wonderer
- Non Sequitur | tjbarkerseattle
- Hot girl in church joke and a forklift « Give me 5 minutes a day and I’ll give you a happier, more successful life!
- 19. Non Sequitur | The Obsessed List
- Meet My Friend Suzie….(daily prompt WP) | Daily Observations
- Dr. Madfunny2: The chronicles of a wanna-be mad scientist | Okay, what if ?
- Daily post: Non sequitur | helen meikle’s scribblefest
- Daily Prompt: Non Sequitur – STROLLING THROUGH THE PARK ONE DAY | SERENDIPITY
- Daily Prompt: Non-Sequitur | Waiting on a Word
- Daily Prompt Challenge~Non Secuitur | soletusknow
- main street | Her Broken Nibs
- DPChallenge: He tried to hit me with a forklift! | Someday I Will Learn
- What Babies Talk About | mycookinglifebypatty
- Aw Crap, Not the Forklift | tuckedintoacorner
- Daily Riffed 11: Ripping Off Each Other’s Clothes In A Most Peculiar Way | A VERY STRANGE PLACE
- Daily Prompt: Non Sequitur | Carol Burnside / Annie Rayburn