What was the last lie you told? Why did you tell it?
Photographers, artists, poets: show us FAKE.
A beautiful group of hydrangias from my garden: notice the depth of the image and wonderful colours, all achieved by my Nikon DSLR camera, you think. No, the photo was taken by an average digital camera. Afterwards I put it into a photo programme called Ribbit, and played with it. I accentuated the colours and made the background a bit blurry. I added a mirror frame. On top of all, the hydrangias are not in my garden, but in the flower department of the local supermarket.
I do not tell lies, cannot be bothered, and at my advanced age, would probably forget what I said, so I stick to the truth. At the most in my working days, I avoided telling the truth which cancelled the lie out. You asked about a problem, the answer being I will have a look and hope that it is forgotten I do not need lies to prove who I am.
In my younger years, I might have told a few porkies to save my skin, my reputation, and to make sure that mum and dad did not worry. I remember in the far distant dark ages I had a boyfriend, the first boyfriend. We decided to spend a week-end at the seaside where his aunt lived. I never saw his aunt, never met her, but we had a nice week-end at the seaside. I remember arriving home (I was living with mum and dad at the time.
“Did you have a nice week-end?”
“How was his aunt, do they have a nice house” etc. etc.
Questions, questions, questions. I swore at this moment I would never put my children through this third degree, should they ever spend a week-end away from home, and I never did. I was just always one step ahead of them, and knew what they would do before they knew their selves.
I think that was the only time I ever purposely told an untruth, but everyone was happy and could sleep at night peacefully.
Eventually I moved out to another country, lying was no longer necessary, I was on my own.
Today at the age of 66 I can look back on life with a clear conscience.
How many of our politicians, country leaders can do that. How many journalists can honestly say they did not fake the picture, did not even photo shop the picture to make it look more sensational and really write the truth. That is one of the reasons why I only read the local newspaper, Solothurner Zeitung. The obituaries are the best page, there is never a lie, only the truth, the whole truth. You cannot hide a death. We did find a couple of skeletons in a nearby building site, but they were from the middle ages where there was once a chopping block, so that qualifies as history. Local news is always honest. Everyone knows everyone else in such a small area and the dark truth always leaks out eventually.
I often wonder if our politicians and despots in other countries can sleep well at night after living a life of lies. They probably count bank notes instead of sheep to fall asleep, or perhaps some even count the corpses they have walked over on their way to wealth and luxury.
Some truthful Pingbacks (I hope)
- Getting By: Fake Equilibrium | The Magic Black Book
- Pants on Fire | Lost in Translation
- Zenit Camera | Bright Moments Catcher
- Raindrops on the windows | Bright Moments Catcher
- You’re lying | contrailsonmyheart
- Pants on Fire | Geek Ergo Sum
- What you know…or you think you do | MC’s Whispers
- Daily Prompt: Pants on Fire | Under the Monkey Tree
- The Last Lie… | The Rider
- Daily Prompt: Pants on Fire | View From The Third eye
- Daily Prompt: Fake | Books, Music, Photography & Movies : my best friends
- Poseur | Poesy plus Polemics
- Daily Prompt: Pants on Fire « Mama Bear Musings
- Mikki only plays with humans | We Live In A Flat
- My Ex-BF is Getting Married | Daily Prompt: Pants on Fire | Being a Huntress
- If you doubt the lies to be true just ask the blind man he saw it too! | jennifermarshcurtis
- Daily Prompt: Pants On Fire | Vagabond
- The Algebra of Truth | clarior e tenebris
- This Girl Is On Fire | Upstairs Productions
- The secret to telling porkies is to not reveal the truth. | thoughtsofrkh
- Are Them Pants on Fire? | floatingsheep
- | The Jittery Goat
- “Pants on Fire” | Relax
- All art is fake | The Ambitious Drifter
- Hope* the happy hugger
- I Am OK* | Not a Punk Rocker
- Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire | mostlytrueramblings
- “Well, I must endure the presence of a few caterpillars if I wish to become acquainted with the butterflies.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince | Unconventional Wisdom From The Rabbit Hole
- The Day I Broke the Rules… | Eyes Through The Glass – A Blog About Asperger’s
- Daily Prompt: Fake. | 3rdculturechildren
- 10 Day Blogger Challenge – Half Way There! | fibijeeves
- Daily Prompt: Pants on Fire | Moments Thru Lens
- Pants On Fire: Little White Lies | suzie81’s Blog
- Ooh look, your nose has grown! | alienorajt
- The Big White Lier! | Everyday Adventures
- I’m OK | Life is great
- Daily Prompt: Pants on Fire | pandora’s island 2
- Believe it or not… | Life & Times
- Daily Prompt: Pants On Fire|Lies of the Heart | Reject Reality
- Daily Prompt: Pants on Fire | My Atheist Blog
- The Last Lie We Told | It’s a wonderful F’N life
- Daily Prompt: Definitely a Fake | Far from Done
- Liar, liar, pants ablaze with molten embers | polysyllabic profundities
- The Opposite of Love is Not Hate…wp daily prompt | Daily Observations
- Little Lucy Liar | Maggie’s Stories
- What if I told you? Would you believe me? | Okay, what if ?
- The Aliens Are Landing | Andante Cantabile
- We Never Met [Daily Prompt: Pants on Fire] | unknowinglee
- Send This Grandmother Back To Sunday School! | Carmela Snelbaker
- FIGHT FAUX NEWS | Emotional Fitness
- The lie to boost my ego | This Oregonian Girl
- Daily Prompt: It’s not fake. It’s faux! | SERENDIPITY
- Daily Prompt: Pants on Fire | Geeklet Gene
- The biggest lie on the Internet. | A Girl with a Piano
- Pants of Fire: Rule no 324 of Mommyhood: Some lies are OK! | Being Nenne
- Daily Prompt: Pants on Fire | Basically Beyond Basic
- The Best Meal Ever | Real Life Co.
- Really Faking It | clarior e tenebris
- Lying to Myself | 1000 Words Daily
- Pants on Fire | The Nameless One
- Daily Prompt: Lies, All of it, Lies | readingwithafeather
- Everything will be ok, even when it isn’t. | Vampire Maman
- Pants on Fire | Danny James
- Your Cheatin’ Heart | a former clarity
- Daily Prompt: Pants on Fire | The Blogging Path
- The last time I lied | Miss Moiety
- Daily Prompt: Pants on Fire, Fake | Around and About The Pacific Northwest
- The Flame | Compass & Quill
- How are you? (but maybe stretch the truth?) | pencil pilot
- Where their loyalties lie | The Seminary of Praying Mantis
- THE LIES WE TELL OURSELVES | hastywords
- Life of Lies | anniethinksabout
- Daily prompt // fake | simplylifestuff
- The lie that haunts me. | My thoughts on a page.
- Daily Post: Mistaken | One Starving Activist
- My pants!? On fire? | Testing the Strength I Have
- Lies Are Deceptive | stubblytroll
- Daily Prompt: Liar Liar …. soooo busted!! | Valley Girl Gone Country
- Gone | Spunky Wayfarer
- LIAR! Pants on Fire | Sisters of Christ
- Fake Family | stubblytroll
- Daily Prompt: Fake | Et cetera
- Daily Prompt: Fake Hug | Nicki
- Daily Prompt: Pants on Fire | Chicomallorca’s Blog
- Do I really have to lie about something? | Rob’s Surf Report
- Daily Prompt: Pants on Fire | Amanda’s Blog™
- I’m Lying To You | loveletterstoaghost
- Daily Prompt: Pants on Fire | Waiting on a Word
- Kind of a Lie | Kind of a Bum
- Fiction not Forgery | The Silver Leaf Journal
- What if Ben Affleck was cast as Batman? | Okay, what if ?
- The Mouse Will Play | Wiley’s Wisdom
- Liar, liar, pants on fire | My Un-Puzzled Heart
13 thoughts on “Daily Prompt: Pants on Fire”
As far as lies go – that was very small.
As far as flowers go – those are beautiful. I have gotten some of my best floral photos at the markets.
Love your outlook on life. I always smile when reading your prose.
Pingback: The Aliens Are Landing | Andante Cantabile
Just love your writings!!
Pingback: Daily Prompt: It’s not fake. It’s faux! | SERENDIPITY
Pingback: THE LIES WE TELL OURSELVES | hastywords
Pingback: Do I really have to lie about something? | Rob's Surf Report
Those flowers are pretty even if you did make up the colors. Nice job.
thanks for linking to my poem “Poseur”
Pingback: Living a lie | Natasha's Memory Garden
Hi, Mrs. Human. How are the familiars today? I loved your flowers. You’re right about the local newspaper. Although ours is a hoot. There is no one to proofread it, and the hours of enjoyment we get from the mistakes, well, you are right about about the local newspaper. Loved seeing and reading about your lies. Thanks for visiting. Stubbs
Pingback: Sharing Is Caring But Being A Copy Cat Is Different | Molly Greye
Thank you for the ping back of my poem, I smiled as I read you story on the daily prompt. Thinking of all the stories told in a time gone by. I will come back again to your site.